Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. swooc

swooc Senior member

Just in my new suit, here are the specs:
    looks good, the jacket however is a tad big at the chest down to the wasit imo. also a thicker and bigger knot tie would look better. love the side profile of tat suits [​IMG] edit: err dont know what happened with the double post??

2. Opoika

Opoika Member

3. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

looks good, the jacket however is a tad big at the chest down to the wasit imo. also a thicker and bigger knot tie would look better. love the side profile of tat suits [​IMG] edit: err dont know what happened with the double post??
    That tie is knotted with the wrong knot. Try a four in hand. Its better suited for that narrow tie.

4. nickG

nickG Active Member

my suit arrived today. first impressions are awesome and pictures will be up soon after i get it steamed and get my moving taken care of.

and it looks ive got the same drape problem as opoika right around the mid section. looks like a little bunching that hopefully a trip to the tailor can fix

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Can we get a "best of TaT" archive so we can see the best fit pics?

6. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

I made myself a cotton suit as a sample, and I've made some odd trousers and I *think* one other suit, but for the most part everyone sticks with wool. The cotton is a hard finish material, and not actually something I'd recommend for a s/s fabric. I remember reading years ago that cotton suits don't breathe as well as wool and I'd probably agree with that, which is one reason why I ask those interested in the cotton their reasons for going in that direction.

But if you want a bright red suit I have it avail in cotton!

GS, do you plan to offer in the future cotton/linen blend fabrics for suits, in lighter colors such as khaki, sand, white/cream, etc? I think they tend to breath better than pure cotton.

Just in my new suit, here are the specs:

Charcoal 1 Btn
    Slightly wider notch lapels
    Bit of extra length
    Straighter leg with side pockets

Looking good, perhaps the skirt is a little bit too long (at least too my taste). Some creasing at the jacket collar at the back and sleeve pitch problems.

The white loafers have to go, IMO, and your shirt collar seems to be oversized especially compare to the small tie knots. I would try a bolder tie pattern/color too.

Mind sharing your height/weight?

+1. Best with the height/weight or size information!

BTW, Opioka, both suits look good!

7. Opoika

Opoika Member

BTW, Opioka, both suits look good!

Thanks. I received these 3 suits yesterday and tried them quickly on to took pictures. I will post better pictures after I steam them. Fabrics are very nice, especially the tweeds, and Jason's lining choices were great. I'm perfectly happy with these.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

that's a good idea....I'll try to put something together for the blog with pics and the corresponding overall size. when I have time. which may not be for a while since I'm about to start on a huge freelance design job that will keep me really busy til it's done

GS, do you plan to offer in the future cotton/linen blend fabrics for suits, in lighter colors such as khaki, sand, white/cream, etc? I think they tend to breath better than pure cotton.

I've been against offering any linens because my suits are inherently very structured garments and linen doesnt really fit that personality, being so frumpy, wrinkly, and in general uber relaxed looking, which is the complete opposite of my aesthetic.

I think the idea of "hot weather summer suiting fabrics" is odd, because when it's the peak of summer here the last thing I want to wear is a suit or jacket of any kind.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I guess you're not down with corduroy either?

10. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

GS - your latest clients have some very nice suits. have you altered anything since those minor complaints a few pages back, or are customers getting smarter now about measuring themselves?

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

a bit of both...

I'm always keeping an eye on where I can make improvements in the production process that dont add to the cost and I'm def getting better self measurements, in general. I think the visual guide probably helps (on the blog)

12. Dandy Highwayman

Dandy Highwayman Well-Known Member

Got my charcoal flannel 2B yesterday and am absolutely delighted with it. The colour and material is great and it fits like a dream. Definitely one of the best fitting pieces of clothing I've ever owned. [​IMG] For reference, I'm 5'7", 34" chest and 28" waist. (Seriously. Thank god for MTM.) edit: I realise I should be showing some shirt cuff here, but unfortunately all I have is this crappy white shirt with sleeves that are too short. It's not a fault of the suit. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

Just to let you know, I would have put you closer to 6'0. The pant length is perfect, IMO.

14. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

Dandy, how close to black is the suit? It loooks almost black in your pictures.

15. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

damn...that suit looks killer.

can't wait to get mine!