• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what's your most douchebaggy piece of clothing?

Dave Walker

Reaction score
For me (and I'm sorry I havent got a picture of it) it's a blue tommy hilfiger bright blue shirt with the boxer shorts lining down the centre where the bottoms are circa 1997. Proper shite.

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
when i was in rome last april i went to piazza navona with the express purpose of buying one of the fake gucci/d&g/etc belts that the vendors hawk there. i bought this awful gucci one with the monogram on the strap and the big monogram belt buckle for seven euros. man that thing is terrible. but i bought it for its hideousness so i guess it all works out

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
I was clearing out my closet for goodwill today and decided to put together the ultimate douchebag outfit that I doubt anyone here can trump (or would want to admit they can trump):

2491389010_e039cc6ba3_m.jpg

- Salvage tee
- True Religion Joey jeans
- Puma trainers

Puma trainers not d-baggy enough for you? Let me put them into context:

... yup, the exact same trainers worn by Ali G himself. BOOYASHAKA, RESPECT!
The shoes I plan on keeping, if anything, for irony's sake.

I wish I had pictures of my high school outfits, the d-bag outfit of yesteryears: Z. Cavaricci pants with rayon shirts (a la Parker Lewis Can't Lose)

PLANofMAN

Reaction score
I broke down and bought an 8 ply Polo Sport cashmere sweater years ago. I can't wear the darn thing cause I quickly start overheating. As a side note, whichever girlfriend happens to be current at the time, loves wrapping up in it during the winter. So I guess it was worth it after all; especially when she's not wearing anything underneath (insert leer here).

I also have a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren aviation sunglasses that look delightfully tacky. (you know, the ones with the huge teardrop lenses that were all the rage three decades ago.) I even wear them from time to time (even though they make me look like I belong to the F.B.I.).

Confessions of the neighborhood butler

P.S. I just remembered that I once bought a Polo reversible trench/over coat, deerskin suede on one side and drab olive wool on the other. It clashed with everything I tried to wear with it. I eventually sold it to a friend for $100. I actually owned a pair of brown suede saddle shoes too. Those ended up in the trash bin. The combination of those two items of clothing totally made me look like a douchebag. (I wish I had a picture of that outfit, I would post it here for sure.)

centalones

Reaction score
A pair of fake-as-hell A&F swim trunks I bought while on vacation in Malaysia.

I bought them because I was about to go to a beach island resort with my gf, and I didn't own any swim trunks. Sadly, the swim trunks have outlasted my relationship with the girl.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PLANofMAN
I broke down and bought an 8 ply Polo Sport cashmere sweater years ago. I can't wear the darn thing cause I quickly start overheating. As a side note, whichever girlfriend happens to be current at the time, loves wrapping up in it during the winter. So I guess it was worth it after all; especially when she's not wearing anything underneath (insert leer here).

I also have a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren aviation sunglasses that look delightfully tacky. (you know, the ones with the huge teardrop lenses that were all the rage three decades ago.) I even wear them from time to time (even though they make me look like I belong to the F.B.I.).

Confessions of the neighborhood butler

P.S. I just remembered that I once bought a Polo reversible trench/over coat, deerskin suede on one side and drab olive wool on the other. It clashed with everything I tried to wear with it. I eventually sold it to a friend for $100. I actually owned a pair of brown suede saddle shoes too. Those ended up in the trash bin. The combination of those two items of clothing totally made me look like a douchebag. (I wish I had a picture of that outfit, I would post it here for sure.)

none of these sound that bad. and aviators will never go out of style

my worst fashion era had to be grade 8-grade 12...i started off with jnco carpenter jeans worn with Polo teddy bear sweatshirt and vans, eventually moved up to horrid square toed boots from lane crawford paired with wrong inseam phat farm cargo pants, phat farm nuthuggers (contrary to how i saw everyone else wear PF somehow all my jeans were tight as hell) with ill fitting banana republic sweater, and it culminated in me going clubbing in phat farm and marc ecko hawaiian shirts with phat farm linen pants and hugo boss square toed slip ons or kobe bryant adidas.

PLANofMAN

Reaction score
I had JNCO 30" twin cannons. I didn't mention them because I miss them. gone are the days when you couldn't see my shoes. I probobly looked stupid, but they were the most loved pair of jeans a boy could have. Man, I miss them. They finally fell apart (and no amount of duct tape could save them)
aviators will never go out of style
Yeah I know, that's why I still wear them from time to time. They still make me look like an F.B.I. agent though.

I know the coat and saddle shoe combo doesn't sound bad, but trust me, it looked terrible. I bought the coat as a large (which is my normal size) and practically swam in it. The sleeves hung down to my fingertips.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heh you should wearing those aviators with a light blue short sleeve shirt, navy chinos and black boots, and grow a mustache while you're at it
wink.gif

mimesis

Reaction score
In grade school I had a bunch of t-shirts that I would wear 3 sizes too large. The had the word 'Extreme' plastered all over the fromt, and the stitching was on the outside.

AK47AZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PLANofMAN
I had JNCO 30" twin cannons. I didn't mention them because I miss them. gone are the days when you couldn't see my shoes. I probobly looked stupid, but they were the most loved pair of jeans a boy could have. Man, I miss them. They finally fell apart (and no amount of duct tape could save them) Yeah I know, that's why I still wear them from time to time. They still make me look like an F.B.I. agent though. I know the coat and saddle shoe combo doesn't sound bad, but trust me, it looked terrible. I bought the coat as a large (which is my normal size) and practically swam in it. The sleeves hung down to my fingertips.
Lol Jncos... I had a pair of Flame Boys when I was in like 5th or 6th grade and I thought they were the ****. Navy Burberry print Nike Air Force one High-tops anyone?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have hot pink and black snakeskin BAPES I picked up about 3 years ago or so. I wear it every once in a while, but not very often anymore. Are they douchebaggy? I can't imagine an AmJack attempting to even where them or let alone pull them off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads