• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Missshopin
Ohh Nooo...I really hope I win!!!

No disrespect Sauce...The dress fits you perfectly.

Oh sure. Mock my dress. That's it, this is war!

jkennett

Reaction score
Missshopin- That's great that you've decided to post here. I hope it inspires some of the other ladies to contribute too. Is that Levi's skirt selvage, and how heavy is the denim? The cut, while very high waisted, still looks quite modern on you. I suppose that is half due to your style skills, and half because of the recent high-waisted trends. Anyways, very cool look.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Oh sure. Mock my dress. That's it, this is war!
Thanks for the effort. Wouldn't want to make this "dinner with who" contest to look rigged....
devil.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
Missshopin- That's great that you've decided to post here. I hope it inspires some of the other ladies to contribute too. Is that Levi's skirt selvage, and how heavy is the denim? The cut, while very high waisted, still looks quite modern on you. I suppose that is half due to your style skills, and half because of the recent high-waisted trends. Anyways, very cool look.
I like the higher waist trend that has become popular again among the smaller indie women designers, but I think the person wearing them needs to understand how to fit them properly like missshopin's example or else they end up looking bad.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
thanks for the general compliment, but are you serious about that white tee and jeans look? That's not something that was even post worthy it was so basic, my hair looks like a mess, etc. but my photo taking compulsion got the best of me so i just threw it up there. wow i'm surprised it got any reaction at all.

I guess it's because it's a look that I can relate too and understand. Therefore I was kind of able to see how you personalized it with your own kind of style, and I guess it just kind of struck me. If I wear the same exact outfit, I'd wear it in a completely different way, if that makes sense.

Though I do admit, I still like it when you post in your Dior suits, but the wonderful thing about WAYWN is that I'm exposed to a lot of looks that initially give me a "Eh... no." reaction and yet over time I can begin to understand.

Missshopin

Reaction score
Ahhh Sauce do tell me you have some other dresses then!! I would be most interested in seeing the rest of them. Really though The dress fits you well I mean it....even though you are a man..... ...
nod[1].gif

I might have to agree with evilgenius you have probably won due to the sizing down....that bums me out.
Looks like you and I will have to fight for that dinner with Whodini.

Jkennett and Robin...Thank you, I have been hiding this skirt for some time awaiting the right time to wear it, It is a rare find and I was very lucky to get it. It is non-selvage. I would guess the weight at around a 12-14oz.

I hope more ladies will post as well, then I won't feel like I am all alone amongst only men. I have seen a couple posts with ladies, but it has been awhile.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thejuice
Hey Fade to Black on your last post what type of APCs are those??

Rescues??

no they're original standards but size up like 2...

thanks again lel.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
For a 18 year old skater kid (well, regardless if he has a skateboard or not) from the armpit of California I don't think he is that bad. I actually don't think this jeans look that bad.
But, he should take the drive into San Fran and pick up some stuff that isn't available at that one mall in Sac.

If Sacramento is the armpit of CA then what is Fresno?

He looks fine just needs to tweak a couple of things.

The best place in Sac for denim is a place downtown called DV8 on 19th and J(?), he sells Earnest Sewn, APC, and some other brands that I've not seen elsewhere nearby, though his main staple is the more Euro-centric Hugo Boss styles.

Word has it that H&M will be here shortly, two of them actually!

jmh396

Reaction score
IMAGE_193.jpg

IMAGE_190.jpg

shirt, pants, and shoes - j lindeberg
jacket - lova
belt - prada

not too sure about the shoes??

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
If Sacramento is the armpit of CA then what is Fresno?

Modesto? Bakersfield? Mojave? Lancaster? Palmdale? Riverside? Barstow? Fontana? ****, man, Sacramento is practically Paris in that company.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmh396
IMAGE_193.jpg

IMAGE_190.jpg

shirt, pants, and shoes - j lindeberg
jacket - lova
belt - prada

not too sure about the shoes??

wear some plush velvet slip ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads