• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton: Wear a Suit--Don't Look Like One

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Do you mean he wears sneakers, or no shoes at all?

Both of them are somewhat offensive, but the latter is just egregious.

laugh.gif
sneakers w/suits...always seem to be the higher-end designer collabortation kind

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're anonymous guys who have time to sit all day posting on a forum about clothes. This guy is the general manager of one of the most revered Italian brands whose life is about clothes. I think he has what it takes to pull off these looks, even though some of us may think certain aspects to be ridiculous (which you're clearly entitled to do).

sammy

Reaction score
I think his look is very anti-Kiton. I'm surprised that Kiton allows him to represent the brand dressed like that.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
I think his look is very anti-Kiton. I'm surprised that Kiton allows him to represent the brand dressed like that.
-1 But he wears that look so well! I'm on the fence about the tie, but the rest of the ensemble has a certain joie de vivre that I think would be infectious if you met him in person. I'd rather be sold an expensive suit by someone who clearly loved the clothes, than someone a little more solemn and morose. And he clearly looks like someone who loves what he's wearing...

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont like it but it is his distinct look. My main objection is not that he is wearing sneakers with a kiton suit but that said sneakers are dirty in the pic and often dirty in person.

If you are going to wear sneakers with that suit they have to be pearly white, at least for the photo shoot.

dl

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy

I'd rather think that Kiton allows him the latitude to be "playful" with his dressing, to cater to the non-traditional Kiton crowd, in order to broaden its appeal to the rich but not so dodgy crowd.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourite thing is that he obviously doesn't care.

I can picture him in the morning, "Oooo, I like this tie today." And he puts it on.

Which is completely opposed to some of the overly obsessed desire for perfection we see on these boards. Granted, sometimes it's nice to see a really sharp line and simple colours, but I personally love eccentric stuff.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I'd rather think that Kiton allows him the latitude to be "playful" with his dressing, to cater to the non-traditional Kiton crowd, in order to broaden its appeal to the rich but not so dodgy crowd.

Dodgy or stodgy? I kinda hope you really did mean the former.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had meant stodgy.

Doc, I think the quote by Boyer in your thread is very applicable to this discussion.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has anyone met this guy in-person? He is an ass.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhnguyen38