• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funniest comedian alive

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aristocrat
Conan O'brien by far, everything is excellent.

Good call on Conan. I don't know why, but I think he's one of the funniest dudes ever. He's at his best everytime he has a hot female guest on his show, hot girls really bring out the best in him and he just kills me. Also his EXACT same monologue at the start of every show is almost always funny, even though you know what he's going to say every single time, it still makes me laugh.

Humbucker

Reaction score
I think Conan is at his worst when he has the "hot" female guests. The whole "you're so beautiful and I'm so tall, pale and awkward" schtick is so grating.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
good call on conan. the conan-tarja schtick is precious! i dont think anything like that will happen on tv land again!
NYHETER-15s17-conan-96_438.jpg

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robin Williams bit on golf during his Carnegie Hall appearence was fantastic.

I would say Dave Chapelle because Killing Me Softly was amazing, but his latest one was pretty flat (barring the masturbating guy on the bus bit).

Hands down though goes to Russel Peters.

A.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Steven Wright's Web site:

"Books by Steven Wright
The following is a list of books written by Steven Wright that are available nowhere:

Phyllis and Her Eyelids: The story of a man living in a semi-parallel universe who is arrested for inventing hockey."

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a bad comedians thread, but this is the only good comedians thread. And I think we can trace the Dane Cook backlash to August 9, 2006.

Anyway, I'm seeing Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black this weekend. Definitely looking forward to it--they both came out with albums recently, and they're really good if you into their comedy. Ian Black is more traditional 90s-style observational humor with a little absurdity, and Showalter is totally absurd.

Looking over this thread, I like Louis CK even more these days, Dave Attell slightly less.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's hard to put into words how funny Sam Kinison was. I'm not surprised that Jon is too stupid to understand his style of humor.

David Cross has put me in stitches many times.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not best comedians alive, but my current favorites:
-Steven Wright
-Demitri Martin
-Mike Birbiglia
-Jim Gaffigan

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just discovered Gabriel Iglesias on youtube.com. He's hilarious, and his delivery is very polished -- I saw about four different clips of him doing the same routine in different venues and his timing, gestures and intonations were identical to the smallest degree.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
good call on conan. the conan-tarja schtick is precious! i dont think anything like that will happen on tv land again!

NYHETER-15s17-conan-96_438.jpg

That was great.

BIG fan of Bill Bailey myself. He's the only comic whose DVDs/CDs I have bought. Dylan Moran is also very funny.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
I sure isn't Dane Cook. That dude sucks.

I hate that guy. What's more annoying is that my friends think he's funny. Maybe I need new friends.

Stax, let's be friends.

RichValentine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
That was great.

BIG fan of Bill Bailey myself. He's the only comic whose DVDs/CDs I have bought. Dylan Moran is also very funny.

I'd have to agree with this. Bill Bailey is probably my favourite of all stand ups closely followed by Jimmy Carr.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamstom