• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funniest comedian alive

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to like Steve Landesberg and Sam Kinison back in the day. Rock can be either brilliant or meh. Never heard Chappelle.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Demetri Martin is pretty funny. Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg a bit, who is probably my favorite, but sadly not alive.

Chappelle is good too, but some of his skits aren't that funny.

Dane Cook is funny, but same as Chappelle at times - the humor is just too dumb.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
I used to like Steve Landesberg and Sam Kinison back in the day. Rock can be either brilliant or meh. Never heard Chappelle.
Kinison's solution to world hunger is still one of the funniest things I have ever heard.
laugh.gif

"I'm like anyone else on this planet -- I'm very moved by world hunger. I see the same commercials, with those little kids, starving, and very depressed. I watch those kids and I go, '****, I know the FILM crew could give this kid a sandwich!' There's a director five feet away going, 'DON'T FEED HIM YET! GET THAT SANDWICH OUTTA HERE! IT DOESN'T WORK UNLESS HE LOOKS HUNGRY!!!' But I'm not trying to make fun of world hunger. Matter of fact, I think I have the answer. You want to stop world hunger? Stop sending these people food. Don't send these people another bite, folks. You want to send them something, you want to help? Send them U-Hauls. Send them U-Hauls, some luggage, send them a guy out there who says, 'Hey, we been driving out here every day with your food, for, like, the last thirty or forty years, and we were driving out here today across the desert, and it occurred to us that there wouldn't BE world hunger, if you people would LIVE WHERE THE FOOD IS! YOU LIVE IN A DESERT! YOU LIVE IN A ******* DESERT! NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE! NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE! YOU SEE THIS? HUH? THIS IS SAND. KNOW WHAT IT'S GONNA BE A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW? IT'S GONNA BE SAND! YOU LIVE IN A ******* DESERT! GET YOUR STUFF, GET YOUR ****, WE'LL MAKE ONE TRIP, WE'LL TAKE YOU TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA -- WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN THEM, ASSHOLES!"
--From an appearance on Rodney Dangerfield's "It's Not Easy Being Me," 1984.
http://www.comedyontap.com/jokes/kinison/skjokes.html

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm....

1. CHappelle - funnier doing stand up than on his show
2. Bill Mahr - Loved his old show on ABC before it got cancelled, HBO version is "eh.."
3. Everyone on the Kings of Comedy tour
4. The guy in black and drinkng the scotch on that redneck comedy tour show on Comedy Central
5. Sarah Silverman

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Louis CK

maybe Dave Chappelle

Englandmj7

Reaction score
I never laugh as hard as when I watch Sacha Cohen (aka Ali G/Borat/Bruno, etc.).....the man is undoubtedly the funniest man of all time in my humble opinion
tounge.gif
. Yes, his skits often seem idiotic and senseless but the man is ingeniously creative and the whole point of him asking such stupid questions is always to evoke an even funnier response from his interviewees......I mean the man has interviewed Kofi Annan, Rupert Murdoch, Trump, and just about anyone else you could possibly think of.....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ali+g

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ch_query=borat

Hilarious.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few:

Bill Bailey
Dylan Moran
Eddie Izzard

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
I never laugh as hard as when I watch Sacha Cohen (aka Ali G/Borat/Bruno, etc.).....the man is undoubtedly the funniest man of all time in my humble opinion
tounge.gif
. Yes, his skits often seem idiotic and senseless but the man is ingeniously creative and the whole point of him asking such stupid questions is always to evoke an even funnier response from his interviewees......I mean the man has interviewed Kofi Annan, Rupert Murdoch, Trump, and just about anyone else you could possibly think of.....

Hilarious.

Seconded.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Borat movie in Nov.

"Throw the Jew down the well, so my country can be freeeee...!!"

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
tounge.gif

Hilarious.

I've seen very little of him, but I heard part of his interview with Gore Vidal (he kept asking him about hair care), and it was hilarious.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Dane Cook is overrated...

I'd have to say, funniest comedians currently working -

1. Chris Rock
2. Wayne Brady - just as quick live as he is on TV.
3. Jay Mohr - yes, the Diet Pepsi ads suck and Last Comic Standing was pretty dumb, but we saw him at the Improv a few years ago and his live show is hilarious.

EDIT - I just found the name of another guy I was trying to remember. Pablo Francisco. If you've never heard of him, check it out - http://www.pablofrancisco.com/. He does great impressions and is really funny. We saw him a few years ago as well, and it was a great show.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nobody has made me laugh as hard as Dane Cook, love that guy.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Robin Williams.

Anyone see Broadway of 2002 on HBO??

Simply put the funniest man alive...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads