• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

metkirk

Reaction score
I found out I have a deviated septum and an operation might be needed since my right nostril is blocked completely. Just horrible.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
I found out I have a deviated septum and an operation might be needed since my right nostril is blocked completely. Just horrible.

I think I have this too, my nose is very difficult to breathe through. I hear it is amazing after you recover from surgery.

metkirk

Reaction score
I heard so, too. But I don't think I can afford the cost, do you know how much it's going to be?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
I heard so, too. But I don't think I can afford the cost, do you know how much it's going to be?

No clue, can't imagine it costing more than $1000 or so, go to the best doc you can find, don't let cost be an issue.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
+1

Meh, well yeah except for your avatar, which I find cute, yet very disturbing. If it wasn't for the 3000 or so miles, I'd say let's ring in the New Year in commiseration. I mix a staggeringly good Manhattan (and I also have five or six really good bottles of champagne, none of which I'm opening, because, well, why?). Meh.

~ Huntsman

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Okay....I understand that Time Square is a shithole for NYE and there are tons of people there...but, do the streets have to be blocked off all the way up to Columbus Circle for that?? I'm not talking about motor traffic; but, even pedestrian traffic you couldn't get through. I asked one cop how I should get to my restaurant which is on 55th and he told me I have to go up to 65th street and walk across the Park...WTF???? So we have to walk on the bottom street through the park because even CPS is closed off, get to 7th Ave where I needed to go down, was told to walk to 5th...get to 6th and see that it isn't blocked off. Walk down it to 55th and then get to the corner to go between the avenues and the cop at the barracade is giving us a hard time. Asking to see proof of reservation and blah blah and I explained to him that I wasn't some tourist trying to get to the ball, I lived in NYC. He asked to see my ID which if of course a Cali drivers and I showed him my work ID and business card. Even then I had to log onto my phone's internet browswer and show him my reservation in the email. BULL EFFING ****!

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One word: Alitalia

Conclusion to an e-mail I just sent:

It's also astonishing to me how any international airline can employ people who have absolutely no grasp of English, or occasionally a very rudimentary one, for interacting with customers.

Any clichÃ
00a9.png
ed or typical national prejudice one might have versus Italian efficiency or competence have been thoroughly confirmed by our experiences in the last three days.

My girlfriend, in particuIar, but also I, have travelled extensively with other airlines. We have, however, never travelled with Alitalia before, and we certainly have no plans to do so ever again, or even flying into Italy at all. I see in the news that the airline is facing bankruptcy, - and I'm not surprised.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
One word: Alitalia

Conclusion to an e-mail I just sent:

Rude service too and the worst food I've had on an airline (sometimes I like airline food).

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three words- Don't Fly Alitalia. They are probably the most hideous international airline flying in Europe right about now, but they've just been approved to be purchased by Air France and KLM so expect things to get better in due time.

Otherwise, find another carrier. It's a shame to see what Alitalia has come to in their bankruptcy
confused.gif

Rude service too and the worst food I've had on an airline (sometimes I like airline food).
And you'd think if anyone could do airline food right, it would be the Italians
tounge.gif

JB

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
And you'd think if anyone could do airline food right, it would be the Italians
tounge.gif
JB

You'd think, but crappy service and lazy employees kinda goes with the whole Italian theme. I'd expect Iberia Air to be the second worse in Europe, though I've never flown with them.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These nonsensical "personal statements" required by some of my transfer applications.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think, but crappy service and lazy employees kinda goes with the whole Italian theme. I'd expect Iberia Air to be the second worse in Europe, though I've never flown with them.
I can't personally comment on Iberia but a friend of mine who flew them from Washington to Madrid said they were very good.

JB

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member