• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a week or two (crazy work schedule!) but today is crisp and cold, absolutely perfect for Lorenzo Villoresi MUSC.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
After a weekend of Signoricci, I'm back in Bel Ami. Heavy, spicy, pure winter sophistimication - just right for a sweater and slacks.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Terrible, rainy, drizzly, sleetlike cold weather today. Longing for the tropics, so Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Pitahaya is fitting the bill nicely.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm back home from Asia so today it's going to be Hermes Rocabar!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just received Carven Homme and Monsieur de Givenchy in a swap this weekend. Cannot resist MdG... Not quite Signoricci, but close enough. Wearing MdG today and it's a great counterpoint to the damp heaviness out there. Light lemon/bergamot/powder scent that seems to wobble between the citrus and the powder.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12/10: Jasmin de Nuit by The Different Company for me today. Warm, rich, inviting, and not too floral... if you have any like of the jasmine note, this is the one for you.

12/11: L'artisan Tea for Two... another great one for wintertime. Warm, woody, and a little medicinal.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So I got this sample last night, I'm wearing it now and loving it. It breaks two of my previously-held rules.

1. It's Guerlain. Normally I hate Guerlain with a passion. I can't deal with the Guerlainade you find in Habit Rouge, Heritage, or Coriolan.

2. It's Vetiver. Can't stand it. Rolling around in grass, oh let me contain my freakin' joy.

But for some reason, Guerlain Vetiver sparkles and shines where FM Vetiver Extrordinaire stays rooted in the turgid, damp earth. So I may have to buy a bottle of this one, eventually.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annick Goutal Eau du Fier.

It's been a little while since I wore it and the weather and mood were just right for it today.
I was also thinking L'Artisan Tea for two would be a good choice.

tangerine

Reaction score
Grès Cabochard

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy Biggins
Bond No. 9 West Broadway

This is one of my favorite Bonds. It doesn't get nearly the press of some of the others, but it's really very nice. Good choice!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
Grès Cabochard

You, sir, have balls.

Unless you are a woman, in which case you have metaphorical balls.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
You, sir, have balls.

Unless you are a woman, in which case you have metaphorical balls.

My balls are of the literal variety, and they will be even bigger tomorrow when I wear Chanel Cuir de Russie to the company holiday party.
wink.gif

I got the Cabochard thinking it was in the same leather family as Cuir de Russie and Tabac Blond, but it is very different to my nose; much more green and mossy, much less leather and animal.

It lies close to the skin and puts me in a meditative mood.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lightman_W