• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So after my package was opened and my cologne stolen I want to re-order; but, have it sent to my parents' house and don't feel like doing ebay again. Is www.perfume.com legit or does anyone have a solid reccomendation? I figue this thread would be best to ask than start a new one.
I like scentiments.com; I've never had any troubles and their pricing is generally pretty good. Overall, though, given your style, we have to get you past Jil Sander.
wink.gif
Obviously, I like the clothes, but the fragrances are really quite unremarkable and out of line with the rest of her house. I've kept waiting for them to put out something really interesting, but from Sport to Jil Sander Man to Sun Man... it's more of the same fresh, clean, sporty stuff that you can find from anybody. Next time you are at Barney's, check out some of the Frederic Malle Editions de Parfum line. If you like fresher type scents (ala the Sander), try Cologne Bigarade, Bigarade Concentree, or Vetiver Extraordinaire. Barney's own signature scent, Route du The, is also pretty interesting (especially the "Route du The Homme" version). You might also like some of the Creed line, especially Millesime Imperial, Neroli Sauvage, or Silver Mountain Water (or, if you like sweeter stuff, try Himalaya). All of these I think you'll find are more interesting than Jil's stuff.
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Civet, fecal matter, putrefaction, musk, meat, smoke, leather--all favorites!
If you haven't already tried Guerlain's Jicky, you definitely should. It will be right up your alley. Another that's easier to find online quite inexpensively is Balmain Jolie Madame; it's sort of oakmossy, leathery, and a little foul.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anick Goutal Sables today.

On Sunday, I wore Creed Fleur de The Rose de Bulgare around the house. I was not feeling confident enough to wear it out in public
blush.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yea; but, it's like Pokemon I got to collect them all!!

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My scent for today is : DZING! By L'Artisan Parfumeur

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
My scent for today is : DZING! By L'Artisan Parfumeur

That one has been lingering at the back of my mind forever it seems. I've come this close to getting a decant but something always stops me. How do you like it?

Today, Chanel Antaeus (vintage). I actually got a compliment on this one which, well, compliments are hard to come by these days.

tangerine

Reaction score
Dzing! is one of my favorites. It lives up to its brief pretty well IMO; leather, dung and cotton candy. The combination is much more delightful than it may sound. One odd thing about Dzing! is that some people claim it has no staying power on them; to me, it is one of the most long-lasting scents I've ever used. I have somewhat oily (Mediterranean) skin, which probably helps with longevity. Today I am wearing Creed Tabarome MillÃ
00a9.png
sime; it is a good fragrance when you have a hangover.
wink.gif
Clears the head and doesn't sit heavily on the stomach. TM reminds me of the first woman I lived with. She drove me crazy and cramped my style, but I knew that without her, I would have considerably less style. Her name was Ginger; my name was Tobacco.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12/13: I'm bringing back Montale appreciation month for December with Vanille Absolu today. 12/14: Montale White Aoud (hot damn! what a scent. I just wish it didn't cost $210 a bottle) On deck for tomorrow... Tauer's L'air du desert Morocain. There's a forecasted ice storm tomorrow, so having a scent reminiscent of a hot, dry desert should work nicely.
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today a new friend, and a classic scent - Monsieur de Givenchy. It's another Eau Sauvage, really, but I like the lemony uplift after a hard training run when I would rather sleep than be in the office.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Finally have gotten over a cold. Stayed away from wearing scents for a whole week. Given that the weather is in the 0 -10 C range, warm/spicy/sweet scents seem to work better on me. Today I am wearing MPG Santal Noble. It is quite nice. New bottle but the same old scent.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
12/13: I'm bringing back Montale appreciation month for December with Vanille Absolu today.
12/14: Montale White Aoud (hot damn! what a scent. I just wish it didn't cost $210 a bottle)

I just read this again. $210? WTF? Is this the magnum-sized bottle?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
TM reminds me of the first woman I lived with. She drove me crazy and cramped my style, but I knew that without her, I would have considerably less style. Her name was Ginger; my name was Tobacco.

Every woman named Ginger will drive you crazy and cramp your style, and too many cool things will remind you of her forever.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Alas, no! 50ml for $150 or 100ml for $210: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...35416&section=
Holy cow. My shaving habit is less expensive. My drinking habit is less expensive. My cigar habit is less expensive. I've paid less for large lawn equipment. Then again, I wore Herrera for Men years and years ago, and it got me tons of attention - the good kind. If I had known the effect it has on the fairer sex, I probably would have paid $210 for it. Speaking of, I haven't sniffed that one in ages, maybe it's time for a new bottle. Geez, I'm already bingeing, and here's another to add to the list.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Wearing a sample of Elite by Floris today, not quite sure what to make of it and will probably have to try it at least once more to be sure, so far so good however.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
Wearing a sample of Elite by Floris today, not quite sure what to make of it and will probably have to try it at least once more to be sure, so far so good however.

As I've said a few times before, I don't think you can go wrong with Floris. Their scents sometimes take a little getting used to, but overall are quite classy, subtle, and worth the effort. Good choice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads