• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nasal Snuff.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone take nasal snuff?

I think this may be the best solution for those with a bent for indulgent vices--it is inexpensive though refined, and nobody can really fault you if you sniff indoors as is the case with smoking. Also, it is by far the healthiest tobacco product; as of yet there have been no cancers linked to nasal snuff. In fact, the only link to cancer was some British farmer who contracted ear cancer because he--for reasons unknown--took snuff by the ear.

Note I am not talking about moist snuff which is linked to various cancers and is a rather disgusting looking habit.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nasal snuff? You mean yayo?

large-photos_cocaine.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
A year or two ago, I tried a bit of snuff tobacco that a friend had purchased - it burned like nothing else. I really don't understand the appeal.

I think it depends on the flavoring; some are harsher than others. Usually for beginners, sneezing is involved.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Also, it is by far the healthiest tobacco product; as of yet there have been no cancers linked to nasal snuff.
So do you grade tobacco "healthiness" on the scale between awful to really bad?
tongue.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must admit, part of the attraction for me is the accessories associated with snuff. Those snuffboxes.
Last time I checked, we weren't living in Regency England.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to use snuff. I can't recall the brand I used without seeing the canister in front of me, but as far as flavor goes I highly suggest mint. My local tobacconist has many brands of snuff and many flavors. Ask them what they suggest, or what their customers usually buy.

Also the brand I used burned very slightly and was not a bad feeling at all. I rather enjoyed snuff.

You can also dip snuff, but I do not recommend it at all. Snuff is much finer than even super fine dip, and it just sort of goes everywhere in your mouth.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

Elegance is timeless.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, when tobacco is burned a lot of the commonly-known chemicals and carcinogens are released and produced.

Chewing and dipping are an option. I've been known to partake very rarely along with cigars (more frequently).

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried some once - I will not be doing that again. felt like my nose was on fire

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

Last time I checked we weren't living in a lot of the time/places that LableKing tries to fauxly associate himself with.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I used to use snuff. I can't recall the brand I used without seeing the canister in front of me, but as far as flavor goes I highly suggest mint. My local tobacconist has many brands of snuff and many flavors. Ask them what they suggest, or what their customers usually buy. Also the brand I used burned very slightly and was not a bad feeling at all. I rather enjoyed snuff. You can also dip snuff, but I do not recommend it at all. Snuff is much finer than even super fine dip, and it just sort of goes everywhere in your mouth.
I smelled--not tried--some Friborg & Treyer snuff and it was very sweet. I believe the flavor was called French-something. It was almost incense-like in its sweetness.
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Elegance is timeless.
Indeed.
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Chewing and dipping are an option. I've been known to partake very rarely along with cigars (more frequently).
Chewing and dipping seem rather messy and apparently is where cancer is known to happen whereas sniffing snuff has no known--as of now--side-effects. I understand snuff was popular in the South.
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Last time I checked we weren't living in a lot of the time/places that LableKing tries to fauxly associate himself with.
http://www.howdydave.com/snuff.html

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member