• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry Denim vs. My Girlfriend's Cat

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went over to my gf's house last night and let her cat sit on my lap. Normally he's very cool but he got freaked at something and tried to jump off. Of course one of his claws got stuck in my jeans and as he pulled it out, he pulled out one of the threads. It made kind of a big loop, right on the front thigh. Is there any way to repair this? Should I just cut it or can I pull it back in somehow? If these were a beat old pair, I would think it might look cool, but they're pretty new & unwashed & it looks like crap.

Help?

Reaction score
Pictures?

Cut it so it doesn't snag. Now you'll have a riveting story to tell when you post pics of your fadezzzz.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cutting it will probably be your best option. I like the story idea, except you should lie and tell it happened when you were wrestling a cougar.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there is any way to pull it back in, do that.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brand are they?

I'd turn them inside out and pull the thread back in...

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I turned them inside out and used a needle to pull it most of the way back. It's still sticks out a little, though. I'm going to wear them tomorrow and see if it's really noticeable or if I'm just being anal. If you can still see it, I'll try the knot-and-cut idea, thanks.

This girl, btw, has basically three pieces of furniture outside of her dining room: a white couch, a white-sheepskin-covered chair, and a bed, for which she only owns white sheets. Plus the cat. It's unwashed denim hell over there.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
You really only have 1 option.

Kill the cat. Skin it(there's more than one way to do this). Make a savory stew with the meat, and serve it to your girlfriend over a romantic, candlelit dinner. Tell her it's rarebit hare or chicken or something.

When the moment to get busy comes, pull off your pants to reveal your new, furry leather underwear made from Mittens'(or whatever it's called) fur. Laugh maniacally as your girlfriend bursts into tears. Tell her she just ate her cat.

Step 2: ??
Step 3: Profit!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scott Tenorman + Underpants Gnomes. Nice.

OP, you're doing a lot better than I am.. I tore a whole in my Nando x Nandos that looks terrible and is beyond repair, right on the thigh. Count your blessings.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are clearly as good with jeans as you are with relationships. Awesome, many thanks.

The jeans look OK, btw. Not perfect, but I'll live. (And so, despite your helpful suggestions, will the cat.
plain.gif
)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We only have relationships with our denim. The women are the accessories.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler

This girl, btw, has basically three pieces of furniture outside of her dining room: a white couch, a white-sheepskin-covered chair, and a bed, for which she only owns white sheets. Plus the cat. It's unwashed denim hell over there.

Don't get me started...I have two white linen chairs in my livingroom.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur