• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car do you drive?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
My dad finally took dlivery of his White RS5 and Black A8L last week. Both amazing cars, but alas, its gonna be more than a few years until I can drive them!

Baller. What, he couldn't decide so he just got both?

Nice color choices.

henrikc

Reaction score
Profile says 21, turning 22. Maybe his father don't want to risk him wrecking the cars, so he's stuck with the old one?
Both cars start at around £60,000 or approximately $100,000, so I can see why he might be slightly protective of them the first few months (or years)

gtg732w

Reaction score
CTS-V for my trips to the airport, but I've been looking at one of the V10 TDI Touareg's now that I have a house.

Trips to the hardware store are difficult in a 400HP saloon car...

Eponym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtg732w
CTS-V for my trips to the airport, but I've been looking at one of the V10 TDI Touareg's now that I have a house.

Trips to the hardware store are difficult in a 400HP saloon car...

That's a beast of a vehicle. I assume you've seen the video of the V10 TDI towing a 747?

gtg732w

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eponym
That's a beast of a vehicle. I assume you've seen the video of the V10 TDI towing a 747?

Yep, that's one of the best. Totally unnecessary, but very cool.
smile.gif

tsacain

Reaction score
A 2002 Nissan Frontier Pickup. Soon to be a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Pickup, or if gas stabalizes in price a 2011 Chevorlet Silverado.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Baller. What, he couldn't decide so he just got both?

Nice color choices.

The RS5 is the fun car, the A8L is for moving clients about in and family holidays.

Originally Posted by henrikc
Profile says 21, turning 22. Maybe his father don't want to risk him wrecking the cars, so he's stuck with the old one?
Both cars start at around £60,000 or approximately $100,000, so I can see why he might be slightly protective of them the first few months (or years)

Exactly, not to mention that the insurance on a £60k for someone with 4 years experience is about £20k. No way in hell I can afford that, and cost of damaging one without insurance is a massive risk.

I also vaguely recall that someone under 23 isn't allowed to drive a turbocharged engine, but I may be making that up....

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Birks and Grey Socks
2005 Honda S2000
2010 Ford F-150

fistbump.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Exactly, not to mention that the insurance on a £60k for someone with 4 years experience is about £20k.

That sounds pretty excessive man.

henrikc

Reaction score
This is probably not the case in the US, but at least in Norway (and I reckon in the UK as well), insurance price is based on, but not limited to:
  • Car model - if it's a popular model, often represented in crashes, it's going to push the price up
  • Horsepower
  • Previous accidents
  • How long you want to drive each year
  • List price
So for an expensive and powerful car, with a young driver, it's going to skyrocket. £20k seems high though, but if he has a bad track record it's actually too excessive for those two cars.

I heard a story about a guy who had an older Ferrari. Insurance was pretty cheap - it was about 10 models or so in the entire country, and he paid the equivalent to a medium sized sedan - think Audi A4. Unfortunately, one of the other owners had an accident and had to use his insurance to cover it, and the next year the bill was quadrupled.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdrterds