• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal... Calgary? Which is the 4th?
I'd rather live in Victoria than Calgary. Hell, I'd rather live in (gasp) the "nice" parts of Surrey. EDIT: I think he meant Ottawa as the fourth city.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I'd rather live in Victoria than Calgary. Hell, I'd rather live in (gasp) the "nice" parts of Surrey.

EDIT: I think he meant Ottawa as the fourth city.

Yeah, I was thinking either Ottawa or Calgary, depending on who you ask, and some people neither.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luongo was clutch in the final moments of Game 2.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Luongo was clutch in the final moments of Game 2.

He was, but in typical Luongo fashion he only needed to be clutch because he let in two bad goals beforehand.

Based on what the Canucks have shown so far, Luongo just needs to be OK and they'll sweep. Both goals he gave up to Smith today were pretty bad, especially the second one. Good win by the Nucks but I'm still far from convinced by Old Roberto Reboundo.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Is it just me or do the eastern conference games get much better refs? Ducks/preds game was brutal.

1. No call on late and low hit on Parros

2. High sticking on Winchester against smithson's embarrassing dive?

3. Ryan gets pinned to the ground by Sutter's elbow and then shoves him as he gets up and gets called for interference? This was just after Hornquist was running around during preds PP and crosschecking Lydman after the whistle.

4. Call against Sbisa at the start of the 3rd for some real marginal ****.

5. missed high stick by Brookbank on Erat. But then they blow the play dead due to Erat even though we have the puck and am heading up ice.

Basically, Ducks played ****** in the 3rd but refs were brutal. It just seems like every other game. Last game of season against Kings was ridiculous too. Selanne got crosschecked from behind into glass with ref 10 feet away looking directly at it. No call. That leads to Selanne fighting for first time in career. Kinda tells you something.

Ok rant over.

Hawks still look exhausted from reg season. Canucks look epic, epic enough to surmount Lou's ****** saves on 2 goals.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by corneliusparky
Is it just me or do the eastern conference games get much better refs? .

Apparently you didn't see the "roughing" call that led to the Caps second goal.

Caps deserve to be up 2-0. Rangers need to address the scoring issue next year, if we can't secure Richards we're in big trouble. Even if we do get him, he'll just be support for Gaborik, we really need solid secondary scoring. Most of our draft picks have been blueliners, although if Kris Kreiter (Sp) can sore like Stepan has, it'd be huge. The death of Cherapanov has really hurt the organization. Sather was counting on that guy to be a bigtime scorer. With draft picks like Skinner, Couture and Grabner filling the nets, it would be nice to see one in a blueshirt.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal... Calgary? Which is the 4th?
The Mrs and I toyed with moving to the great white north, but isn't the cost of living in these desireable Canadian cities RIDICULOUSLY high? On a teachers salary, to live the same way we do here, we didn't have many options. I heard Yellowknife is nice for a few days in August...lol

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
The Mrs and I toyed with moving to the great white north, but isn't the cost of living in these desireable Canadian cities RIDICULOUSLY high? On a teachers salary, to live the same way we do here, we didn't have many options.

I heard Yellowknife is nice for a few days in August...lol

Vancouver's COL of exorbitant. The average price of a home is over 730K. Toronto is pretty expensive, comparable to Chicago. Calgary isn't bad and Montreal is actually a pretty good deal. If you can afford to live in Brooklyn you can certainly afford to live in Montreal.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mrs and I toyed with moving to the great white north, but isn't the cost of living in these desireable Canadian cities RIDICULOUSLY high? On a teachers salary, to live the same way we do here, we didn't have many options.

I heard Yellowknife is nice for a few days in August...lol

Yellowknife is beautiful, but not exactly.... vacation like...

Halifax is great. It's an older port city, so it's rough, but still much fun. Vancouver (and Toronto) is ridiculous in terms of property prices, while Montreal is cheap as hell. Though French is needed to make the most of it.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mrs and I toyed with moving to the great white north, but isn't the cost of living in these desireable Canadian cities RIDICULOUSLY high? On a teachers salary, to live the same way we do here, we didn't have many options. I heard Yellowknife is nice for a few days in August...lol
NYR, if you can afford to live in Brooklyn, you can afford to live in Canada, even Vancouver. I don't know how effective teachers' unions are in New York, but back when I was in high school in Burnaby (suburb of Vancouver) it seemed like they were going on strike and getting pay raises every few years. Yes, you won't get a McMansion and will probably live in a condo or far from the downtown core but you would be used to that, no? The fresh air and the healthcare will make up for it.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the Rangers and the Leafs will be going for the exact same players this off-season - Richards, Laich, Connolly, etc.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by z7f9q
I feel like the Rangers and the Leafs will be going for the exact same players this off-season - Richards, Laich, Connolly, etc.

Everybody will be going for Richards, and rightfully so.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Everybody will be going for Richards, and rightfully so.
There's not that many teams with the money and cap space to make it happen though. NY has to be the front-runner, with a few other teams in position to make a good offer.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ERIC18018