• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitontini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mistermidwester
What size are these? I would looooove a couple pairs of those.

From the top to bottom, left to right....
TOP: Tartans: size 34, Poplin: size 32, 11 Wale Corduroy: size 34, Tartans: size 34
BOTTOM: Duck: size 33, Cotton Tweeds: size 34, Dixie Wale: size 33, Chamois Cloth: size 38

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Found some interesting stuff today. Nothing mind-blowing, but not like the drought it's been. First up, a Frye belt. I didn't know they made these (and it's too small for me, so PM me if you're interested), but it was cool so I couldn't pass it up (size 32).
5562923366_07286ef5d2_b.jpg
Also found a really sweet pair of Ted Baker pants. Again, too big for me (40x34 (with at least an inch to drop)), so likewise PM me if you're interested trade or buy. Otherwise I'll list them at some point.
5562347149_12ebf583d8_b.jpg
5562347517_8fa3c87275_b.jpg
Also found a really cool unworn vintage hand-tooled steerhide Levi's belt in my size and a bunch of interesting ties, including an old silk brocade Polo with a sailboat pattern, a super-bright Lily Pulitzer, a handful of pocket squares, and a minty copy of the original Getz/Gilberto on LP.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mistermidwester

Also found a really sweet pair of Ted Baker pants. Again, too big for me (40x34 (with at least an inch to drop)), so likewise PM me if you're interested trade or buy. Otherwise I'll list them at some point.

pm me with a price or what youre looking to trade for

Georgia

Reaction score
Happened upon an estate sale today in a very nice part of town. The stock was amazing...tons of RLPL. Suits, cashmere, shirts, shoes (there was a pair of RLPL driving loafers that were extremely nice - but a bit too big). All if it is in perfect condition. This was my haul:
Lot.jpg
Faconnable Pique dress shirt RLPL Blue/white plaid RLPL White dress shirt RLPL Bluw/White Gingham Faconnable Chinos Coach Lexington Tank w/ Crocodile Band Details:
RLPLShirt.jpg
CoachTank.jpg
Total Cost: $178

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kitontini
Wow! That's a good price for Stefano Ricci.... if it's his RECENT Stuff. As for my terrible thrifting day today.... Found 8 pairs of Bills Khakis, all NWT; Found a NWT pair of Samuelsohn dress pants; Found a Kiton (Size L) short sleeve polo shirt and a Loro Piana (Size XXL) short sleeve polo shirt.
I'll take your terrible day any day!
worship.gif
Originally Posted by Georgia
Happened upon an estate sale today in a very nice part of town. The stock was amazing...tons of RLPL. Suits, cashmere, shirts, shoes (there was a pair of RLPL driving loafers that were extremely nice - but a bit too big). All if it is in perfect condition. This was my haul: Faconnable Pique dress shirt RLPL Blue/white plaid RLPL White dress shirt RLPL Bluw/White Gingham Faconnable Chinos Coach Lexington Tank w/ Crocodile Band Total Cost: $178
Same sale as this one? I want some of those RLPL dress shirts!
bounce2.gif
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=233368

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
I haven't measured it yet, but its tagged a 42, probably regular.

2hickey.jpg

Ah, I missed this. Very nice find!

Hopefully, you are a boozy college professor, or at least a curmudgeonly eccentric who helps the local police force solve crimes.
wink.gif

rayxlui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Georgia
Happened upon an estate sale today in a very nice part of town. The stock was amazing...tons of RLPL. Suits, cashmere, shirts, shoes (there was a pair of RLPL driving loafers that were extremely nice - but a bit too big). All if it is in perfect condition.

This was my haul:
Lot.jpg

Faconnable Pique dress shirt
RLPL Blue/white plaid
RLPL White dress shirt
RLPL Bluw/White Gingham
Faconnable Chinos
Coach Lexington Tank w/ Crocodile Band

Details:
RLPLShirt.jpg

CoachTank.jpg

Total Cost: $178

Any chance you'll be willing to sell the blue gingham?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to several spots in a new part of town today. Ears assaulted by screaming offspring, and a brioni tie ($20) was taken from my cart while I was in the dressing room.
censored.gif
The Brioni jacket at this spot was $60 and had developed some shiny spots, so I passed.

But at one place, more like a consignment shop, I got a pair of Luciano Barbera cotton trousers for $25, and a BB Makers navy suit for $20, because it had some grime on it. It's 3/2 roll, canvassed. The pants have a bit of a higher rise than I'm used to, but they fit well, and I think the grime will come out, so it was worth the $20 risk.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
I saw my first Stefano Ricci suit today, summer weight with side vents
too big though about 46 or 48R.

Price $250

Ricci suits retail around $7K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy