• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say, lovey! Shall we go yachting this weekend?

longshot-2.jpg
Feet-32.jpg

Closeup-75.jpg

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Tonight:
Tchaikovsky + Shakespeare + Dudamel + Orlando Bloom + LA Philharmonic =
nest.gif

kPxIa.jpg

Just now noticed that you're wearing MY SUIT! I have the exact same RLBL mini-houndstooth. Didn't recognize it at first.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From here it looks like flared bell bottom factory faded jeans with a hideous shirt.
But then again, to each their own

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
From here it looks like flared bell bottom factory faded jeans with a hideous shirt.
But then again, to each their own

Well, the jeans are actually straight cut. As to the rest, guilty as charged.
wink.gif

tshaw

Reaction score
Dear, Ace - wld love to know what pieces were played for such a mixture...Sounds like a great night out and you looked great as well. Congrats!

Tchaikovsky + Shakespeare + Dudamel + Orlando Bloom + LA Philharmonic =
nest.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Man, you are "Slim Jim". This looks great! Have you been working out? But, watch out. That man hole cover might open.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I have to say, MOK, that the weight loss has really done wonders for you. You are looking very sharp and it is great to see you back.

Thanks guys.
I've upped exercise a tad, but it's mainly cutting down on bread, and cutting pasta down to an occasional (small) meal rather than a regular staple. Carbs seemed to be the big problem - I could probably have lost it more quickly if I had the will power to cut out the beer, but I'm happier loosing it a little more slowly and having a diet I'll generally stick to.

I'm not likely to be going back to posting here on a daily basis - I don't have the time or inclination at the moment, but I'll pop in every so often. If you ever get bored I'm trying to address my casual wardrobe failings in SW&D and post on their WAYWN periodically...

Originally Posted by banis
172504--41780713-m750x740-u12aa3.jpg

172504--41780718-m750x740-u16f2c.jpg

172504--41780723-m750x740-udee6d.jpg

I like this - colourplay is interesting without being over the top, nice textures and a decent fit.

Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Banis, those shoulders look great in the close up shot. But the full body shot makes me wonder if a little more structure wouldn't be more flattering for you. Take a look at MoK - his shoulders look a little wonky if you focus on them, but overall the effect is much more slimming then your soft shoulders.

Oddly my real shoulders are pretty wonky (one's held together by a large lump of titanium)
wink.gif

I tend to go for more structured shoulders than many because - rightly or wrongly I think it minimises the visual effect of the imbalance (and my relatively large head to shoulder ratio), but equally importantly because I prefer the stronger-shouldered aesthetic. Niidawg is the opposite and likes a highly rounded natural shoulder. Neither is right or wrong... Personally I think Banis's shoulders look fine in this.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
DSC01811.jpg
DSC01808.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Clean sharp & minimal
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sotiris
Same SC as last weekend, but you can actually see it now.
redface.gif

Looking for full critique of it, as it's one of my new, post SF pieces, and I am thinking of getting more from this designer - but am soliciting feedback before I do so.

Also not sure what's going on with my left hand here - not looking to pick a fight.
uhoh.gif
fight[1].gif
laugh.gif

031011a.jpg
031011c.jpg

031011b.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I like the SC fabric a lot. Fit looks basically pretty good (but bear in mind I'm not as fussy on fit as some members), it's pulling a little on the button which may be making it flare a little, but it's pretty minor, and might be solved by just moving the button a little.

Whilst it's fine to wear jeans without a belt, with an SC I think you need one, and for an SC I think the jeans could do with being just a little shorter. PS isn't really needed but I don't think it looks out of place in the way a tie would.

Originally Posted by spoozy
Speaking of non-matching things...

5515448939_569389714b_z.jpg

5516032518_03d83d08e6_z.jpg
It's a brave attempt at using so many patterns and scale of patterns, but I don't think it quite comes off. Maybe swapping the PS for a plain solid might allow the rest to coexist more easily, but I think swapping the shirt for a solid shirt or a medium check might be better.

Originally Posted by Requiem
I'm never picky about fabric quality or cloth drape , as that may be related to the wearer's budget (not saying that's your case, although it's usually mine), but I always get a bad impression from someone wearing a tie too short... especially if one takes the time to photograph himself, one should take the time to get his tie to properly cover the belt buckle.

I wasn't overly sold on the tie (that's more personal taste than there being anything wrong with the tie) but I don't see anything wrong with the length. Slightly above the belt buckle looks fine - it would look wrong if it's up much higher. Yes it could reach the belt buckle, but ties that fall evenly slightly below the belt look wrong to my eyes.

Originally Posted by DaBatMan
Back with a vengeance huh MOK? I'm really digging this outfit.
Thanks - tbh I thought it was pretty average, but I've posted so little on here I thought I'd try and manage a weeks worth of fits.

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
lgm_feb_0035_hacked.jpg

mg_0044.jpg
Aside for the SC being a little too close fitting, for me this works well. The colours are bold, yet there's nothing clownish about the look and everything is basically harmonius.

jwmbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
LET THE TRAD CHALLENGE COMMENCE!

Okay, going at this as a double outsider. Here's my take as both a neophyte who is fairly clueless about men's fashion, and as a European, who doesn't encounter trad locally.

By all means don't hold back with criticism, having read the "glory days" thread, I feel I should state I am looking to learn, and can take harsh criticism (which is probably very appropriate if anybody is willing to give it to me, but you gotta start somewhere).

WAYWRN2_trad.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Channelling my inner WASPitude, I have tried to come up with something properly Trad, even though I do not own the essential sack suit, since I look enough like a sack without my suits doing it for me.

At least everything I am wearing today, save for the belt and the handkerchief, is from Brooks - what could be more Trad than that?

IMGP0214488x1280.jpg

IMGP0209851x1280.jpg

IMGP0210851x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.