• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ringtones that are not lame

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
When my battery is dying I turn my ringer to beep two times for phone calls and once for texts. I don't get how any male over the age of 21 thinks its reasonable or cool to have a ringer.

completely agree....i say even younger. Nothing is more embarrassing than sitting in a meeting with my bosses....all well to do men...and a phone goes off to the tune of "ice ice baby" Just cant fathom how an adult could do that.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is software that allows you to make your own ringtones by using fragments of songs. I suggest that part of "Sweet Spot" by James Hooker would be perfect and almost certainly unique.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Novelty ringtones are useful. They tell me who in the room is a mouth-breathing trainable or a desperate loser.

+1 to the suggestion of taking clips from good songs, though. I prefer instrumental variations on Radiohead songs, which melt panties like a ******* heat ray.

Ben85

Reaction score
I'm glad the iPhone 4 has a ****** selection of ringtones. A good excuse to leave it on vibrate. A friend of mine has his text 'horn' go off all the time. If you are expecting to have a text convo, mute that ****.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I actually just heard yesterday that Ennio Morricone made the ringtones for the new LG phones.

I **** you not.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ben85
I'm glad the iPhone 4 has a ****** selection of ringtones. A good excuse to leave it on vibrate. A friend of mine has his text 'horn' go off all the time. If you are expecting to have a text convo, mute that ****.

+1 to this and all the other vibrate suggestions. Though for me, on the 3G, the little toggle on the side of the phone often comes undone while I'm slipping it in and out of my pocket, and thus I sometimes get an annoying ringer when I don't want it. Anyone know what I mean? Or does my iphone just blow? (because I do agree that iphones blow)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i leave mine on ring and vibrate.

the whole point of this thread however was to avoid having Ice Ice Baby belt out of my pocket and avoid having the same ring as the entire rest of the room. That's why I asked for ones that are not lame.

Thanks to the guy with the Vertu suggestions, I downloaded those, they are kinda crystal bellsy but not bad. At the moment, I'm sticking with the 24 beeps though (although I did assign one of the vertu sounds to my gf)

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use this for a ringtone:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I picked it because it isn't jarring and doesn't bother me and I love Leone and Morricone. Edit: Woah, read this after posting. That'd be awesome.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I actually just heard yesterday that Ennio Morricone made the ringtones for the new LG phones. I **** you not.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
http://lgepr.lge.com/upload/press/20...0818714%5D.pdf
LG Electronics (LG) today announced the release of an exclusive collection of music and ringtones written by movie soundtrack maestro Ennio Morricone. The first such collaboration of its kinds, both newly composed pieces as well as a selection from Morricone’s legendary oeuvre, including Cinema Paradiso, The Mission and Love Affair, will be included in the collection. To ensure that the beautiful music is paired with a suitably impressive platform, LG engineers have been hard at work perfecting the audio performance on its latest phones. The exclusive music will be preloaded on LG smartphones starting with the LG Optimus 2X set to debut next month in Europe. LG smartphone users will be able to enjoy a total of 25 of Morricone’s creations -- 15 ringtones composed specifically for LG and 10 of his best-known tunes from the world of cinema.
There ya go. That phone is stupid fast, by the way. Although I bet two 1ghz processors+giant screen = **** battery life.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
my best friend is a French music producer actually. I suggested to him on Sunday that the opportunity to produce a ring tone for me could well be his opus. A career highpoint like when Richard Dreyfuss learned sign language for his deaf kid in that movie.

The Frenchman is staying at my house at the moment, and spends a lot of time with keyboards and headphones. I can only assume he is diligently composing something for me. He snorts when I mention it. But he's French, they do that a lot.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
my best friend is a French music producer actually. I suggested to him on Sunday that the opportunity to produce a ring tone for me could well be his opus. A career highpoint like when Richard Dreyfuss learned sign language for his deaf kid in that movie.
So are you the deaf kid in this scenario?
eh.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
if I was, I'd leave my phone on vibrate for my sake and totally set the crazy frog thing on maximum volume to aggravate all around me
smile.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
if I was, I'd leave my phone on vibrate for my sake and totally set the crazy frog thing on maximum volume to aggravate all around me
smile.gif

If you were the deaf kid why would you even have a mobile to begin with

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members