• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
That's awesome!
worship.gif
I've been searching for birthyear scotch, never thought about brandy. Will have to add that to the to kop list

Its a lot easier to find specific years of brandies than scotches. And yes, that is awesome!

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Its a lot easier to find specific years of brandies than scotches. And yes, that is awesome!

Yeah, usually anything with grapes they have the specific vintage on there. With scotch if they don't list it, sometimes you have to do the math between the listed vintage and the bottling year. Not nearly as cool as having your birthyear on the bottle though

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
****, that is an awesome bottle. We went through one earlier this year. It is my wife's birth year as well. We recently picked up a '74, which is quite good, but the '71 Gaube is the best I've had. Actually, when we were with Marc Darroze earlier this year, I asked him which armagnac in his cellar came the closest to perfection, and he suggested that one. Said it wasn't close, it was perfect, and since they actually bought the barrels a few years ago from the Gaube people, he was able to say that without any feeling of pride. Enjoy it. I am jealous.

Found it:

Kwilkinson almost busted his one nut when he tasted it.

You always have the best stories and it's nice you've been so good to young kwilk. Both my wife and I turn 40 next year so obviously the bottle is for that, but I had heard that this was one of the greatest armagnac's of the century so I had to have it. I know we're going to enjoy it.

That photo of yours is amazing too - I've searched far and wide for vintage calvados but the best I can find is xo coeur de lion... and that is strong stuff indeed.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Yeah, usually anything with grapes they have the specific vintage on there. With scotch if they don't list it, sometimes you have to do the math between the listed vintage and the bottling year. Not nearly as cool as having your birthyear on the bottle though

What year were you born? There is prob. a Glenfarclas Family Cask for it.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
What year were you born? There is prob. a Glenfarclas Family Cask for it.

I know HP, Talisker, Mac and Laga made some bottlings with my vintage, so now it's just finding them, but there are always ways
laugh.gif

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double Bastard
Rogue Santa's Private Reserve
North Coast Old Stock 2010
Noah's Mill Bourbon

Never tried the Noah's Mill, but I'm guessing I'll need to cut it with some BW as it's 114.3 proof.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought, perhaps, the last bottle of Schlafly Raspberry Coffee Stout ever sold on the legitimate market. It was produced to be sold exclusively in one store in St. Louis. I went to that store today to pick up some other items and I asked if they had any more of the stout. He guided me to the single final bottle. It is a 750 ml, so I'll have to drink it with friends. I understand it got decent reviews, so I am very excited to try it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK so the Campari is nothing but...the rum is a sort of Christmas present I managed to finagle. Look at the pics for more deets...
P1060430.jpg
yes yes!
P1060432.jpg
When I first came across this bottle in 07, I found a lot more info about it on the net. Now I can't find too much. I've had two small samples and that's all I'll be having for quite some time. Bottle number 46something or other for me. Edit: I'm also a cricket fan so this bottle is even cooler to me.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
OK so the Campari is nothing but...the rum is a sort of Christmas present I managed to finagle. Look at the pics for more deets...

P1060430.jpg

yes yes!

P1060432.jpg

When I first came across this bottle in 07, I found a lot more info about it on the net. Now I can't find too much. I've had two small samples and that's all I'll be having for quite some time. Bottle number 46something or other for me.

Edit: I'm also a cricket fan so this bottle is even cooler to me.

I spent a lot of time in Barbados growing up and Cockspur brings back good memories - the bionic cock that spurs you on!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
OK so the Campari is nothing but...the rum is a sort of Christmas present I managed to finagle..
Actually, I'm reasonably certain the Campari is something special -- if it says "colored with natural carmine" on the back then it is a bottle from before 2001, when they switched to arificial coloring insterad of extract from the carmine bugs. See your PM. ~H

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Edit: I'm also a cricket fan so this bottle is even cooler to me.[/quote]

Any plans of attending the games for the upcoming World Cup in Asia?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MakersCBDblood