• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats so great about Mabitex?

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
facepalm.gif

Why not tie the laces together, and hang them from your neck?

And maybe a tie them to a brooch like real men of Texas do? That would be awesome! On the other hand I'm a bit conservative so I'd better settle with the 7.5" leg opening and keep the laces on my shoes.

Seriously, what's the point of nice shoes if you cover 2/3 of them with wide pants - or God forbid - boot cut pants?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
And maybe a tie them to a brooch like real men of Texas do? That would be awesome! On the other hand I'm a bit conservative so I'd better settle with the 7.5" leg opening and keep the laces on my shoes.

Seriously, what's the point of nice shoes if you cover 2/3 of them with wide pants - or God forbid - boot cut pants?

that's what hemming at the proper length is for, regardless of the width of leg opening.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
that's what hemming at the proper length is for, regardless of the width of leg opening.

With a wide leg opening you would need very short hemming. Sorry, but IMO nothing looks more silly than short pants with a wide leg opening, regardless of the fact that it would reveal a beautiful pair of shoes.
rolleyes.gif

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With a wide leg opening you would need very short hemming. Sorry, but IMO nothing looks more silly than short pants with a wide leg opening, regardless of the fact that it would reveal a beautiful pair of shoes.
rolleyes.gif

Remember to get your left shirt sleeve shortened as well to show off a beautiful watch. Also, never wear jackets so that you can show off your beautiful shirts. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, wear your (cashmere) sweaters inside-out so that your peers may know that you are both a man of taste ('what a beautiful sweater!'), sophistication ('wow, is this cashmere?'), and wealth (leave the price tag on). Please do not forget to remove the outlet pricing sticker.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Remember to get your left shirt sleeve shortened as well to show off a beautiful watch.

Also, never wear jackets so that you can show off your beautiful shirts.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, wear your (cashmere) sweaters inside-out so that your peers may know that you are both a man of taste ('what a beautiful sweater!'), sophistication ('wow, is this cashmere?'), and wealth (leave the price tag on).

Please do not forget to remove the outlet pricing sticker.

You are a funny man.
lol8[1].gif

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly the cotton trousers are nothing special. I buy them because for < $60 I might as well get these over mall trousers.

No sense in arguing about the fit since it's all over the place but I wouldn't say these are athletic or that one is a ***** if he can't wear them. I'm somewhat slender but still had to resell a few because they were tighter than expected.

I've thrown out 3 pairs from holes in the crotch and the corner of the back pockets and another pair for just crap fabric over the past two years.. My cotton trousers from other makers don't have this problem so the quality has been hit/miss also.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.5" leg opening is the perfect size for me and my skinny jew legs. It doesn't look bad on me. I also don't buy pants that are larger than 8". It looks wrong on my body.

I agree, there are many different lines of mabitex, some better made than others. I would have a really hard time buying Mabitex on B&S without seeing them in person. When I sold Mabitex I made sure I only sold the highest quality I could find, but I've seen some of the lesser quality sold on here. Thay may explain the reason why some people don't like their pants.

etb

Reaction score
What he said. On EU 48/US 32, the front rises vary from 8 to 11".

Originally Posted by bleachboy
Many of them are not remotely nut huggers. Pay attention to the front rise!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, this is 7.75" opening on me:

dsc05136ed.jpg

It doesn't look like they're painted on my legs. I also have my hands in my pockets so it looks slightly tighter than it really is.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
FYI, this is 7.75" opening on me:

dsc05136ed.jpg

It doesn't look like they're painted on my legs. I also have my hands in my pockets so it looks slightly tighter than it really is.

Some of the more stubborn MC'ers will insist that it's painted on and refuse to acknowledge otherwise. If they can't prove their point, they'll start attacking you personally.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh Uh, I see. And where can I get these pants in a 32 (sizing up from 31 I hear it is better to size up) for less than $70 Shipped CONUS?

I can assure you all that I am the most fastidious of people when it comes to finding pants that I like. I can potentially be the final word on whether these pants are great, just give me a chance. I am also short and slim, so maybe I can end the discussion on whether these pants are better suited for men of smaller stature.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who wants to cover/hide beautiful leather shoes purchased for many, many dollars?

This is one of the most common failures in reasoning I see. Shoe buffs want to show off their shoes with too-narrow trousers. The result is that the legs look spindly, the shoes look huge, and the wearer looks clownish.

You can't consider any piece of clothing in a vacuum. I have a very tall, thin friend who wears very narrow jeans. They don't look painted-on by any measure, but they still look off because they make his proportions appear comical.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
Some of the more stubborn MC'ers will insist that it's painted on and refuse to acknowledge otherwise. If they can't prove their point, they'll start attacking you personally.
Look bro, I know you're pretty butthurt over getting called out for your stupid comments in the J(esus) Crew thread, but it stands to reason that if you make stupid comments, expect to be called out for it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileFile