• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I like the top, and I like the bottom, but I'm not a fan of it together. I think you'd have been better off with a more contrasting waistcoat compared to the trousers (or none).
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
In my opinion this whole ensemble would have looked better if the shoes were just a bit lighter.
I wouldn't change a single element.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
- ^^ I think IST66 today's combination looks good- I would not change a thing. I'm personally envious of the fit of your trousers, IST66.
blush.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Nice suit, Mike.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Philip1978
MB, MoK, nice looks today.

Danka!

Originally Posted by Ton
Bow tie looks good

Gracias!

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Are you telling us you have a suit that singular and stylish and you left the poor waistcoat at home while the rest of the outfit got to play Classic Louisiana Lawyer in a Summer Suit and Bow Tie? I think that is cruel, very cruel. You couldn't at least have immortalized the full suit in a shot?

It has no hope of fitting. As is I had to let the jacket out in order to get it to fit. I guess I could have it altered significantly. It is way too hot anyway.

Originally Posted by IST66
sf0.jpg

sf00.jpg
sf2.jpg

sf1.jpg
sf3.jpg

Very cool all around. Neat shirt.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Super suit. Next time, scrunch the bow tie a bit!

Thanks, HF. And to think I spent all that time trying to get it right.
blush.gif

Mike

OffTheRack

Reaction score
In my opinion this whole ensemble would have looked better if the shoes were just a bit lighter.

But the shoes coordinate so well with the tie and the reddish brown in the coat, making the whole outfit look even more put togther.

Requiem

Reaction score
Cloudy and windy day, last chance for wearing this jacket.
The paisley tie is from the 80's, "stolen" from my father.

DSC00344-1.jpg

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Love the fabric on the jacket. To me, it seems a trifle short and the trousers a little too snug, but I do tend to wear my stuff a fair bit longer & looser than most SFers.

I think the modern, trim cut of the sport coat, and the narrower lapels, call for a slightly shorter sport coat. Much longer, and it would seem out of proportion to me.

Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
You're one of my favorite posters on WAYWRN, but this is unusually good even by your high standards!

The only thing I'd (tentatively) suggest is a thinner tie to match the lapels.

I don't think a thinner tie would work because of the cutaway collar--I think the tie width and collar work well because they do a good job balancing the more modern SC with more traditional elements.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Much thanks folks for the kind comments last millenium on the ensemble. Been hectic of late.

IMG_1433-1.jpg

Cool photo series - I like this fit.

Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
Hah, I obviously haven't got one because the first thing I thought when I saw 'ubuntu' was 'linux distribution!'
In there before me.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tibor
JNO_3151.jpg

As others have intimated, this is the best photo ever taken. Of anything.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Figured I would start the week with the volume on low:

6018e19d.jpg

Very nice. You do quiet well.
wink.gif

sf00.jpg

Excellent.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Are you telling us you have a suit that singular and stylish and you left the poor waistcoat at home while the rest of the outfit got to play Classic Louisiana Lawyer in a Summer Suit and Bow Tie? I think that is cruel, very cruel. You couldn't at least have immortalized the full suit in a shot?

Another vote for a shot with the vest.

Originally Posted by w. rabbit
Any jump pictures recently?

CIMG7888.jpg

suit Bookster
shoes Mauro Mariotti

Looks great, Mr Rabbit.

IST, I really like the color of that SC but think it could be just a trifle longer.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I like the top, and I like the bottom, but I'm not a fan of it together. I think you'd have been better off with a more contrasting waistcoat compared to the trousers (or none).
Thanks - in my defence the contrast was more apparant under artifical light, and close up the texture difference is more obvious. I think trousers just a tad darker but still providing contrast with the coat would have been better (if I possessed such an item).

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Thank you, sir.

As usual, really cool elements that I could never pull off!

Mike

Cheers.
Originally Posted by Philip1978
MB, MoK, nice looks today.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Parker
I like your Sunday look MOK. Gingham shirt + chino jacket + jean. This is close to my M-F look
smile.gif

Thanks. When I don't wear jeans my weekend look is remarkably similar to my non-suit M-F look only tieless
smile.gif

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
...[/url] Fun but I think cotton/linen trousers in the same cut would work better with the casual shirt.

Thanks. I thought about Spectators but decided they'd work better with other outfits later in the week, and neither my pale beige chukkas or white oxfords looked quite right.
It seems to me I know this very elegant gentleman!
smile.gif

Cheers!
I love that SC - I think the shorter length is okay with the close fitting trousers. Colour of the SC is great.
Longest Day of the Year demands something eye-opening to help me stay awake...
wink.gif

It woke me up. Love the Sc - I wouldn't have dreamed of pairing it with a striped shirt but you somehow just pull it off.
Originally Posted by NOBD
I wouldn't change a single element.

Originally Posted by w. rabbit
Any jump pictures recently?

CIMG7761.jpg

Love the suit.
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
But the shoes coordinate so well with the tie and the reddish brown in the coat, making the whole outfit look even more put togther.
Thanks. I have been accused of being over co-ordinated and its a fair criticism, but I like a degree of co-ordination.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Cloudy and windy day, last chance for wearing this jacket.
The paisley tie is from the 80's, "stolen" from my father.

Nice steal.
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Blue Monday:

Nice and clean.

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Figured I would start the week with the volume on low:

6018e19d.jpg

I'm sure you've heard enough of this. but as a fan of your bold looks I'd really like if you'd fine a better spot for taking pics regarding the direct light, or at least underexposing them a bit.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAYWRN has taught me that I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever have another suit made with anything other than patch pockets.

They look so damn slick - I simply can't do flaps ever again.

*wishes I could go back in time*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8