• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Really?

****. Posting pics of clothing on a clothing forum, wtf was I thinking?

But seriously, just because some people have hijacked SW&D with their point of view doesn't mean 'normal' stuff isn't fair game to post. I went back through the old, old threads and saw people like jet whining about the workwear groupthink that pervaded the forum until those posters moved on and the 'luxury'/gothninja folks took over. I enjoy seeing the different looks people bring to the table (even uncontrol, when I choose to view his posts as I see he's being less bitchy these days) but I'm getting sick of the people who shut down anything that is 'normal'.

And to be frank, most of the **** people wear here would be unrecognizable to 99% of people out there and really doesn't mean anything outside of this forum.

It's cute that some people have chosen to swing their e-dicks around on a discussion board to make up for what is in all likelihood a lack of power IRL, but I think sometimes people need to chill out and actually discuss **** without being catty and pretending to be in some sort of exclusive club that no0bs can't be part of.

My clothing is boring, so what.

"I HATE THIS BOARD AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT BUT I AM STAYING AND POSTING HERE BECAUSE"

WAYWT has gotten really varied and cool over the past year. If your pieces were boring but fit well, you could get a pass. But your clothes are boring, they fit like ****, and you're wearing flip flops. **** you. Just because you're entitled to your dumbass opinion doesn't mean anyone has to respect it.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
"I HATE THIS BOARD AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT BUT I AM STAYING AND POSTING HERE BECAUSE"

WAYWT has gotten really varied and cool over the past year. If your pieces were boring but fit well, you could get a pass. But your clothes are boring, they fit like ****, and you're wearing flip flops. **** you. Just because you're entitled to your dumbass opinion doesn't mean anyone has to respect it.

Same goes for you little lady.

And I'll keep posting my fits, if only to annoy you, jet and the rest of your little circle-jerk.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is ******* wretched

dscf1593.jpg

And I'll keep posting my fits, if only to annoy you, jet and the rest of your little circle-jerk.

please do, we are between trolls lately and could use a chuckle.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
We need someone to pick up the slack with kent gone.

Moo styles all over this assclown.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Same goes for you little lady.

LOL don't act like some ******* outlier martyr to me. You wear ugly flip-flops and boring ****. I wear leopard and floral and leather and purple eyeshadow. I'm hardly a part of a circle-jerk here.

c00kz

Reaction score
Really? ****. Posting pics of clothing on a clothing forum, wtf was I thinking? But seriously, just because some people have hijacked SW&D with their point of view doesn't mean 'normal' stuff isn't fair game to post. I went back through the old, old threads and saw people like jet whining about the workwear groupthink that pervaded the forum until those posters moved on and the 'luxury'/gothninja folks took over. I enjoy seeing the different looks people bring to the table (even uncontrol, when I choose to view his posts as I see he's being less bitchy these days) but I'm getting sick of the people who shut down anything that is 'normal'. And to be frank, most of the **** people wear here would be unrecognizable to 99% of people out there and really doesn't mean anything outside of this forum. It's cute that some people have chosen to swing their e-dicks around on a discussion board to make up for what is in all likelihood a lack of power IRL, but I think sometimes people need to chill out and actually discuss **** without being catty and pretending to be in some sort of exclusive club that no0bs can't be part of. My clothing is boring, so what.
Listen, 1."Posting clothes on a clothing forum" is a horrible way of making what you're doing seem relevant. You know this, we know this. It's been done 100x. 2. There's nothing wrong with so-called "normal" fits. In fact we have a huge number of posters who regularly do these "normal" fits with panache. You know this, we know this. 3. The world is not divided into luxe/workwear/gothninja. 4. You're right this stuff is probably unrecognizable by people "out there", hence why there's a web forum for discussion. No one is laboring under the delusion their clothes will attract the same attention outside the forum as inside the forum. Wrap your head around the idea that people spend money for reasons other than having recognizable dollar signs on their body.. Any criticism you get has nothing to do with you being a noob, peasant, or "normal" and has everything to do with you being out of shape, unstylish, and in flip-flops. //rant

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
Listen,

1."Posting clothes on a clothing forum" is a horrible way of making what you're doing relevant. You know this, we know this. It's been done 100x.

2. There's nothing wrong with so-called "normal" fits. In fact we have a huge number of posters who regularly do these "normal" fits with panache. You know this, we know this.

3. The world is not divided into luxe/workwear/gothninja.

4. You're right this stuff is probably unrecognizable by people "out there", hence why there's a web forum for discussion. No one is laboring under the delusion their clothes will attract the same attention outside the forum as inside the forum. Wrap your head around the idea that people spend money for reasons other than having recognizable dollar signs on their body..

Any criticism you get has nothing to do with you being a noob, peasant, or "normal" and has everything to do with you being out of shape, unstylish, and in flip-flops.

//rant

clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos