• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbusguy

Reaction score
i dropped my camera right after these pictures
frown.gif

BnR.jpg

eg pathfinder
lands end chambray
j crew pants
yuketen shoes

same old stuff with new jacket

cez

Reaction score
I am not condoning it, but it seem like the norm on every other fashion forum I've ever visited. Why would it be any different here?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbusguy
eg pathfinder
lands end chambray
j crew pants
yuketen shoes

I don't like this. The shoes don't flow with the pants, and the fact that the khakis are darker than the shirt but lighter than the jacket creates a weird tonal discord. I'm guessing the fact that your hands are tucked in the pockets is what's giving you the faux cockbib, but I'm not sure the short jacket goes with the long chambray in any case.

Sincerely,
Negative Nancy

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
DSCN1469.jpg
DSCN1472.jpg
(my apologies, photobucket seems to be having trouble rotating pictures this weekend) DFW -> OMA wayfarers in chest pocket koto chambray 511 cut-offs weejuns I am not PhatGuido,Socal2nyc,or any other 'baller'. I have no aspirations to be those gentlemen. I have a wife, and I'd like to have a family,and a home, and some comfort. I am a guy. Sometimes my pictures suck, sometimes they are more 'lifestyle' than fit... but I stopped posting fits in the 'serious' waywt and kept most if not all of my fit posts and commentary about fits within this thread so as not to bog down the other thread. I felt I was following all of the 'rules' as far as WAYWT is concerned. I am 24, I didn't finish college, I'm married. I don't live in a city where it is convenient to bike,take a taxi or use public transportation... if I did I'd have a new pair of shoes or a pair of jeans every payday like some of you lucky ones in major cities and along the coasts instead it goes in the gas tank or towards a credit card bill. I am not a baller, i probably won't ever be. And from time to time I look like what I am, and from time to time I look better. When I have the time I post a fit, because this forum is a means of entertainment and a distraction. It isn't a church, and it isn't a ******* country club. If I missed some memo and I don't belong here I will leave, I was under the impression at least a handful were in a similar predicament, understood, or at the very least were willing to tolerate my presence here. Again, if I am mistaken I'll find some place else to go. I'll also do everyone another favor and just go ahead and insert Mr Powell to save everyone else the trouble.
ZEIaJAwjra_2002894349033766821_rs.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
4657209714_645fbcbe10_b.jpg
4656583187_8e20400f24_b.jpg
jcrew diesel ndc

Those jeans... they're cool, but not for you, Running Man.

cez

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I sized down to make up for the 2% elastine and expect them to stretch at least a 1/2 size if not more. They are new, btw.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Don't retire robbie.

We won't, he'll retire himself.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
Yes, I agree. I sized down to make up for the 2% elastine and expect them to stretch at least a 1/2 size if not more. They are new, btw.
The elastic material means that the jeans won't show any significant permanent stretching, as 100% cotton jeans do. That's why women's skinny jeans have elastic stuff in them: they want the jeans to stay skin-tight all day. Sizing up might have made more sense for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus