• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate Shirting - Anyone familiar with this brand?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thinking about giving this a try pending someone wearing a fit pic of small with measurements.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am gonna stop by Penelope's today after work since it's basically across the street from my condo, I can ask what the measurements are if you'd like, but from what they sent me it seems like the Large is similar to an XL in BoO and their XL is close to a XXL in BoO. Basically, it looks like more TTS or one size down from your Band sizing (at least for myself that is)...

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I am gonna stop by Penelope's today after work since it's basically across the street from my condo, I can ask what the measurements are if you'd like, but from what they sent me it seems like the Large is similar to an XL in BoO and their XL is close to a XXL in BoO. Basically, it looks like more TTS or one size down from your Band sizing (at least for myself that is)...

This seems about right from what I saw when I was there last week.

I'd say if you're between a Medium - Large in BOO, you'll be a Medium in crate.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements for the medium are:
P2P - 20"
Shoulders - 18"
Length - 29.5"

Besides the length the Medium is very similar to the Medium BoO

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably will check these out when 4HM gets some in. Thinking a lighter colour button up shirt would be nice for the summer.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they make XS?

At this price though it'd be worth just getting the chest taken in a bit on a small if they have no xs.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So has anybody tried these on yet? Thoughts?

No, I didn't have a chance to stop by Penelope's last night because I had to hit the gym fast before dinner with the girlfriend. I am gonna stop on over tonight before I go to the gym and will have a report come tomorrow morning...

thomasec

Reaction score
Tried these on tonight....they are seriously slim. Easily as slim as BOO, if not slimmer. I'm a medium in most BOO, and the medium in the Crate shirt fit too snug in the shoulders and across the chest. Would recommend sizing up from BOO.

Fabric felt very nice, especially for the price, and the designs were nice and understated.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
Tried these on tonight....they are seriously slim. Easily as slim as BOO, if not slimmer. I'm a medium in most BOO, and the medium in the Crate shirt fit too snug in the shoulders and across the chest. Would recommend sizing up from BOO. Fabric felt very nice, especially for the price, and the designs were nice and understated.
I disagree on the sizing up. The small I tried on fit me similarly to the BOO smalls I own. Also, the shirt definitely has more 'give' to the fabric than the non-oxford BOO shirts I have, might have a tiny bit of stretch in them...but there's no material/care tag on the shirt to look at. But yeah, they're definitely slim. Other thoughts: -as short if not shorter than BOO -Buttons kinda suck, big clear plastic ones -the hems don't have as big a difference as BOO does front/back to sides, probably cut just as high on the sides as boo...but not as long front/back -weird thing - no care tag... theres a little tag with an "S" on it and thats all... I ended up picking up the purple gingham overall pretty decent, not amazing, but pretty good for a shirt that retails for $78 Measurements for a small: 17 shoulder 18.25 ptp 24.25 sleeve from 27 length boc (front and back are about same length)

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kinda ****** quality fit pic of the purple gingham:
NXu58l.jpg

nonissue

Reaction score
may be an awkward stance but that fit looks pretty bad imo. not flattering at all.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
may be an awkward stance but that fit looks pretty bad imo. not flattering at all.
unflattering how? -yeah stance is awkward, partly due to my timer and also because I was trying to stand in a way that would show give a good idea how the shirt fit as a whole -the shirt has been sitting in my bag all day so the shirt is all wrinkled and creased (especially the collar) -also i'm wearing shorts, you can't really tell from the way I took the pic

Adubz

Reaction score
+1 for not sizing up from BOO size. I wear a large in BOO and I had to get a large in the gingham as well. However I do suspect (and I might be wrong) that the gingham and the chambray are sized slightly different as I was told by the guys at Secret Service that the ginghams were heavily washed. That might make a difference.
Meis, my shirt was wrinkled as hell too but I think it was meant to be that way. In fact, it was so wrinkled that I busted out the iron to slightly smoothen out collar and the front placket. Just so I don't look like I am rocking a shirt that's been sitting at the bottom of my laundry basket for two months.

Originally Posted by Meis
I disagree on the sizing up. The small I tried on fit me similarly to the BOO smalls I own. Also, the shirt definitely has more 'give' to the fabric than the non-oxford BOO shirts I have, might have a tiny bit of stretch in them...but there's no material/care tag on the shirt to look at. But yeah, they're definitely slim.

Other thoughts:
-as short if not shorter than BOO
-Buttons kinda suck, big clear plastic ones
-the hems don't have as big a difference as BOO does front/back to sides, probably cut just as high on the sides as boo...but not as long front/back
-weird thing - no care tag... theres a little tag with an "S" on it and thats all...

I ended up picking up the purple gingham
overall pretty decent, not amazing, but pretty good for a shirt that retails for $78

Measurements for a small:
17 shoulder
18.25 ptp
24.25 sleeve from
27 length boc (front and back are about same length)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy