• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
^ I hope thats not you holding them
No, that would be my lovely assistant

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick repair of my ripping pocket lining and stuff

24506_10150164967650282_706250281_12000898_7095347_n.jpg

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid

Weird wear on the crotch is from a bolt sticking out of my bike seat... bolt's been fixed, I will patch as required. Can't believe the whiskering already lol. I bought and have been wearing these since March 1st... gonna go for my first wash on June 1st.

They're going to look like **** if you wash at 4 months, trust me. After you wash APC they go completely limp, which means they won't really get anymore distinct fades.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
They're going to look like **** if you wash at 4 months, trust me. After you wash APC they go completely limp, which means they won't really get anymore distinct fades.
That is good to know.... I will try and hold off. They're not smelly though Would starching help at all after a wash?

km83

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178

Flat out bollocks, just keep washing and wearing them

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by km83

I don't know about completely limp and never able to get distinctive fades... but washing them DOES change the denim completely- it turns real soft, and while they will still fade, the base color will be much lighter and will lose the sheen completely.

In other words: if you want to clean, soak.

lost in va

Reaction score
Was finally able to shrink down this picture (it's probably 2 months old)
IMG_6099-1.jpg
IMG_6098.jpg
L to R: 501 - S5000VX - SFx5EP 501 - 2 months of work wear, one initial hot soak S5000VX (retired) - 2 years of work wear, and that's liquid nail on the left leg...it'll never come out SFx5EP - off and on since they were released. I beat the HELL out of these jeans and they don't show it one bit.
frown.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn those middle ones look awesome man. Are those 501 STFs? That's pretty incredible wear for 2 months.

*EDIT* Ah the middle ones had 2 years of wear. Makes sense with the Liquid Nail. Still, pretty good stuff. How many times did you wash em? I imagine pretty often.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by km83

Have you ever owned a pair of APCs? They aren't high quality Japanese Denim that have been dyed really well. You cannot wash them early/often and expect high-contrast fades. Sure, you will continue to get whiskers post-wash, but they will not be stiff enough to hold real honeycombs. Also, mine never stacked the same way again after I washed them, so they didn't continue to fade there either.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix