• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
If one doesn't want people making observations, than one shouldn't post their picture.

sarcasm.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paolo that sportcoat fits nicely, but I would probably button only the middle button. I think it was intended to roll down to the middle.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Vox Sometimes the left pocket on that jacket seems a bit high compared with the right pocket.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=37192 http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=40708

although flaps in, it looks level http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=54294

It can look as if the whole jacket is slightly tilted. Just my imagination? I hate asking this about your "new favourite suit".

It was 20 degrees with morning with a windchill that, as the title of the post indicates, was ball freezing.

Since this is a pop quickly out of the car, take a shot, and pop back into the car photo, I suppose the jacket pockets might be slightly racked in the shot. I promise to use a laser level next time.
laugh.gif

- B

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Paolo that sportcoat fits nicely, but I would probably button only the middle button. I think it was intended to roll down to the middle.

I usually wear it with only the middle button but it did not role over neatly. It is extremely slim and I have a bit of a stomach so I sometimes don't button it at all which I hate doing especially with 3 button jackets. I actually had the jacket let out about an inch. I do have a pic of myself with the middle button, but at the time the jacket was not let out. I'll find it and post it to get opinions.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I promise to use a laser level next time.
laugh.gif

You know, there's an app for that.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Off to London this morning for a seminar. I quickly abandoned the idea of wearing the EG Chelsea's when I looked out the door and saw an inch of snow. White stuff on hat and coat is snow not dandruff. Apologies for the pocket bulges - should have left the gloves on my hands:

20100208_main.jpg

well dressed for a day in the city.

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
StyleForvm warning; black shoes abundant in this post. Apologies about the pose, but I twisted my knee last week.

composite.jpg

like the color combos ... hard to tell how great the fit is due to the darkness of the pictures. I particularly like the PRL monochrome.

Originally Posted by theteacher
END OF DAY
OTR top to bottom

DSCF0910.jpg

well done. like the color play of yellow and blue ... very underrated on here.

Originally Posted by AlwaysDressed

fresh!!

Freeze My Balls Off II Monday:

[click photo to travel back to the Jurassic]

Steed (Edwin DeBoise) DB bespoke suit in Smith & Co. 11oz flannel (for those of you who care, this is a model with the front cut)
Dege & Skinner (Robert Whittaker) bespoke shirt in Acorn Grange, barrel cuffs
E. G. Cappelli (for A Suitable Wardrobe) lined six-fold tie
Drakes wool and silk square
Thurston suspenders with the much lamented cat gut ends
Gallo socks
Vass Old English, antique cognac shell cordovan, F last
Tiffany Etoile band in platinum
A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia (gen I) in white 18k, midnight blue face and band
Tom Ford sunglasses

- B

VERY VERY nice Vox ... i think i see my issue with Steed vs MBT ... and why i give the edge to MBT. Comparing this in the wild shot with your MBT, i think the MBT's have a slimmer upper sleeve (above your elbow going up) and tighter chest. This makes the MBT more "athletic" looking than the Steeds.

Either way, like i said its VERY VERY nice ... and something i would definitely love to own in my wardrobe. Digging the collar on the Dege also.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
VERY VERY nice Vox ... i think i see my issue with Steed vs MBT ... and why i give the edge to MBT. Comparing this in the wild shot with your MBT, i think the MBT's have a slimmer upper sleeve (above your elbow going up) and tighter chest. This makes the MBT more "athletic" looking than the Steeds.

Either way, like i said its VERY VERY nice ... and something i would definitely love to own in my wardrobe. Digging the collar on the Dege also.

Thank you.

Being already athletic, I prefer to tone done how athletic I look lest I give all the girlies the vapors.

- B

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Me looking particularly surly having been in the womens section of Urban Outfitters for about half an hour!

You look seriously pissed off.
laugh.gif

BTW, you probably get this a lot, but at least in that photo you look the spitting image of that guy from My Family & the BT ads. Better dressed, mind you.

Originally Posted by XeF4
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/...8c0b3d9a_o.jpg

H&M
Forever21
Levi's corduroy
Clarks

Levi's look too tight but I really like that sweatervest. Is that the H&M item from your brand list?

Originally Posted by BBC
BB shetland Brookstweed 3/2 sack (just purchased, need to take the sleeves up .25-.5")...
Rodex of London car coat

The jacket could probably be taken in at the waist a touch too. The car coat is cool.

Freeze My Balls Off II Monday:

[click photo to travel back to the Jurassic]

Steed (Edwin DeBoise) DB bespoke suit in Smith & Co. 11oz flannel (for those of you who care, this is a model with the front cut)
Dege & Skinner (Robert Whittaker) bespoke shirt in Acorn Grange, barrel cuffs
E. G. Cappelli (for A Suitable Wardrobe) lined six-fold tie

Real swell, gangster chic.
smile.gif

Well worth a requote.

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Kilgour 10oz Loro Piana suit
PRL tie

The suit & tie are made for each other; excellent combo choice.

Burberry Prorsum overcoat
Prorsum has some fab outerwear.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...00208_main.jpg

Very nice. We got some light snow too, but thankfully nothing settled.

feb08004.jpg
feb08002.jpg
feb08003h.jpg

RJE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Like twirl around on poles?

Not worth the trouble, Trini. At breakfast when I had just turned 13, a great battle was fought and I managed to secure possession of the Kellog's Signet Ring of Invulnerability, which not even the most derivative of Ralph Lauren poseur can pierce. He's just jealous.

Anyway, if any of us had lives, we wouldn't be here.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the shirt Holdfast.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Not worth the trouble, Trini. At breakfast when I had just turned 13, a great battle was fought and I managed to secure possession of the Kellog's Signet Ring of Invulnerability, which not even the most derivative of Ralph Lauren poseur can pierce.

Anyway, if any of us had lives, we wouldn't be here.

lol ...

bull-250a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized