• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a grey herringbone pea coat

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
200 USD is ridiculous for Gap, though.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
sorry for derailment, but question:

a peacoat let say labeled size 44R.

is that the size measurement from the outside ends of the pit to pit?
or
measuring from inside where the lining is pit to pit?

also, are the peacoats supposed to be sized up, so if you are 44R, you are supposed to get a 46R. to compensate for a layering outfit underneath , kind of like an overcoat function with a suit underneath,
or

is the labeled size already compensating that effect so you just buy your size? (i guess this is related to the first question)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smells Like Poor
Especially for something that looks like a gray trash bag.

Ha ha. Yeah.

Gap (and I'm thinking lately maybe J. Crew, too) must get Annie Leibowitz to do the model photos. The stuff (including this) looks great online, but in the store it looks like junk.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff

or

also, are the peacoats supposed to be sized up, so if you are 44R, you are supposed to get a 46R. to compensate for a layering outfit underneath , kind of like an overcoat function with a suit underneath,
or

is the labeled size already compensating that effect so you just buy your size? (i guess this is related to the first question)

I've found it varies quite a bit, brand to brand.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has the OP pea coat been identified? Anywhere to get something low cut and similar to that?

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqreader239
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.a...29&section=men

probably not the best jacket, but it fits the bill somewhat right? esspecially with that price tag.

Man that's pretty close to perfect. Thinking about buying it, I just bought a Polo toggle duffle coat on the marketplace so we'll see how that turns out. Great find
biggrin.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Man that's pretty close to perfect. Thinking about buying it, I just bought a Polo toggle duffle coat on the marketplace so we'll see how that turns out. Great find
biggrin.gif

looks nice, but how tough would it be to take off that damned rope trim?

spreadcollar

Reaction score
neither. a size US 44R is designed to fit a 44 inch chest. depending on the maker and cut, the actual jacket/coat will usually measure around 2-4" larger -- and for topcoats, overcoats, and peacoats, sometimes even larger than that.

Originally Posted by sho'nuff

or

or

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoatAddict
That OP coat is beautiful. I need it.

@Nosu3, West24 said it was Dior.

Thought so. Still trying to find more info on it and where to buy it. That issue was from March, 2006 though.

CoatAddict

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Thought so. Still trying to find more info on it and where to buy it. That issue was from March, 2006 though.

Yeah, I've been trying to track it down as well. West24 says he's seen one at a last call store in Canada for $1000, but there's a sale so it'll be 30% off.

I've asked him what size it was, so we'll know more soon. If it's the right size, I just might call them and buy it, but if not I'll probably give up the search.

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
You can go on eBay and find knockoff herringbone coats a bit like that, search for 'prorsum' I believe. I wouldn't support that, however if my memory is correct Burberry Prorsum is made in China anyways.

Did the OP find a coat? I have one from H&M purchased in Brussels, Belgium in late fall 2007 that is grey, has roughly the same proportions as the original in the photo, but is darker, has kind of ****** buttons and isn't well insulated

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member