• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NJ cops are complete a**holes

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
musicboohoo[1].gif
tinfoil.gif

Yep, every single one of them.

Of course, all non-cops are criminals, so who can blame them?

What about criminal cops, are they nice like regular (criminal) people? I get confused...

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its a strange form of policing

when i spent time in the UK i had some rather pleasant run ins with the english constabulary. in most occasions i wasnt entirely in the right (alcohol related) but they usually took it with good humour and ensured i got out of harms way

they dont have to be pricks to do their job

brewmeister

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
All cops are dicks, and the problem is getting worse.

Yeah, and god forbid you ever call for them and they take too long to respond, you'll be back on here complaining about the lack of service you received.

I ain't trying to attack you, but I work with LEO's constantly and it's a hard job. No matter what they do, it's never enough. Believe it or not, they laugh and cry just like the rest of us. They have families and bills to pay, too. They have good days and bad days just like you do.

I can understand where sometimes they can come off a bit strong. Do you know that traffic stops are the #1 killer of LEO's? They have no idea who's in the car they just pulled over. Maybe it's a husband and wife driving home. Maybe it's a fugitive wanted in three different counties who has his hand on a gun planning to ambush the officer as he approaches. It's a job that unless you have stepped in their boots, you will never truly appreciate or understand who they are and what they do.

I wish you could!

chenc

Reaction score
Michigan police is much nicer. This month I have been pulled over twice and they were all very nice and courteous, and one of them even said if I were to dispute the ticket, he can "help me out" in court. I think he meant he will show up.
My classmate told me if I show them my law student ID the local cops might just let me go, but I didn't do that. I guess I should have tried that. And because I just got a new driver's license, I didn't yet have my "donor" sticker on it, either. I hear all kind of things you could do to prevent tickets.

Anyway the ridiculous thing is, as nice and courteous as they were (did I mention both of them cited me?), one of them wrongfully cited me for a traffic violation because I didn't do what she accused me of doing. This first one claimed I ran a red light for left turn and said that I was the third car to go after the left turn light had already turned left. My friend who was riding shotgun and myself are both sure that it wasn't the case - the light possibly just turned red after I turned, but being the 3rd car to turn after the light turned red? No.

The second one I got cited for "failure to yield for emergency vehicle on high way." There were cars to my left so I slowed down and passed the police car in the next lane. On my return trip I 30 min. later I saw the two police cars were still pulling people over at the same spot they pulled me over.

Is there some kind of quota they need to fill before it starts snowing?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
What about criminal cops, are they nice like regular (criminal) people? I get confused...
They're all angry librulz, so no.

sunror

Reaction score
you really shouldnt be straggling in the left lane although at 5 am it was a dick move on the part of the cop

i once got pulled over for "doing 27 in a 25" in new jersey (no ticket)

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys that think passing on the left is stupid should know trucks have huge blind spots on thier right and this is why its safer to pass on their left. See in NJ they make us take a driver ed course in highschool where they teach us stuff like that. Jersey gets a bad rap but they have some of the safest roads in the country, I think statistically anyway.

I hate people driving slow in the left to enforce thier morality on everyone else.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish Indiana had a law regarding the left lane. Virginia used to enforce its law because many years ago a good friend was ticketed for hogging the left lane.

Around here you can be thrown in jail and your car impounded for driving without a license.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
There's no such thing as a "quota" for ticket writing.
There are performance "goals" though, at least for the state police in these parts.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are such dicks. You'll negate anyones point regardless of what it is in ten posts or less. Most people dont drive in the left hand lane for an extended period of time but I have also been on the NJTP when everyone is crawling and the left lane is the only option other than weaving around car after car and trying to keep to the right. Figure also that most people want to get out of the **** state of new jersey as soon as possible.

dl

eztantz

Reaction score
I do alot of driving on the NJ tpke and the Garden State pkwy & I gotta agree that NJ cops are pricks especially the state troopers. The last time I got pulled over the cop tried flirting with me - I think he gave me a ticket because I rejected him. WTF? I'm not ****. I admit that I did have one positive experience; about a year ago on a sunday afternoon a trooper on the pkwy clocked me at 88 mph and let me off with a warning (I told him I had serious bowel issues and was heading home - was a bunch of bullshit but it worked). I'm curious if any other states have only one cop per car - having two means they would have to answer up to one another although they are so 'fn' corrupt anyway it probably wouldn't make a difference. COP = cooltrucker I know some people were interested in a cocksucking smiley, I think we should just have a smiley with a police cap.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair to the NJ cops they have to deal with NJ drivers. After a couple of years of driving these roads, you'd start shooting people.

I have seen people miss their exit on the highway, stop and back up - sometimes on the shoulder, but sometimes in the lane.

Cross over the raised median because the local lanes are heavy and the express lanes are free. Not one car, thirty or so will do this.

Stop in the middle of a main street because they can't find the number on a building. To hell with the people behind them.

Speed up and cut around a pedestrian in a crosswalk.

And, of course, the Jersey Left.

Congratulations, New Jersey drivers! You are officially the worst drivers in the United States!

No, we didn't just pull of the turnpike with this conclusion. There was a test...

CNN Money explains, "The 2008 GMAC Insurance National Drivers Test found that 16.4%, of drivers, or 33 million, don't know the rules of the road." The survey asked 5,524 drivers from all 50 states and the District of Columbia a series of "questions derived from official Department of Motor Vehicle tests" to gauge their knowledge of driving laws. "Among the main sticking points were what to do when approaching a yellow light, and the safe distance to maintain behind another car."

According to a GMAC press release, New Jersey drivers finished 51st in the survey, with an average score of just 69.9 percent. Almost 37 percent of New Jersey drivers failed the test.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Figure also that most people want to get out of the **** state of new jersey as soon as possible.

dl

Actually, if all you out-of-staters would stay the **** out of our state, we wouldn't have any of these problems. If there's a line of cars in the left lane trying to pass some pace car asshole in the left lane who will not move out of the way to let the cars behind him pass, nine times out of ten the asshole has an out-of-state license plate. Just because the speed limit is 65, doesn't mean you can drive 65 in the left lane and not let everyone behind you pass.

So, no, we are not trying to get out of the "**** state of new jersey" as soon as possible, we just want YOU out as soon as possible.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremygrooks