• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph's Preview Sale

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just called the Atlanta store and they did confirm the 40+15 in store. They said it applies to the Marlow (as they don't stock the Darlton). Is there any difference between the two - the SF consensus seems to be that they are interchangeable.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I just called the Atlanta store and they did confirm the 40+15 in store. They said it applies to the Marlow (as they don't stock the Darlton). Is there any difference between the two - the SF consensus seems to be that they are interchangeable.
I believe they're the same. I remember buying a pair online as Darltons but the box was marked Marlow, same shoe though.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Darlton = Polo.com
Marlow = B & M

Same shoe, different names used.

Confirmed by several purchases and SAs.

dganderson

Reaction score
Browsed the website today and was not blown away. I did pick up some cords, a peacoat and a few undershirts though.

Hollowthorn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Does this apply to Rugby stuff? How about RRL?

At $60 retail, the Rugby University oxfords could be had for $33 with the 55% off. Wouldn't mind picking up a few more of those.

Anyone?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Darlton = Polo.com Marlow = B & M Same shoe, different names used. Confirmed by several purchases and SAs.
Thanks. I'd rather buy this in store due to wanting to get the fit right. Also, why RL doesn't send me an e-mail about this confounds me. I've bought several items in store since I started shopping there at the start of summer.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'd rather buy this in store due to wanting to get the fit right. Also, why RL doesn't send me an e-mail about this confounds me. I've bought several items in store since I started shopping there at the start of summer.

When do they start the sale? Did you ask?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
When do they start the sale? Did you ask?
He seemed to say I could get it now through the first week of November. I specifically asked if I could come in this weekend and he said that should be fine. EDIT: By the way, if the sale of the RL credit fell through, I wouldn't mind buying $400 of that
devil.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He seemed to say I could get it now through the first week of November. I specifically asked if I could come in this weekend and he said that should be fine.

EDIT: By the way, if the sale of the RL credit fell through, I wouldn't mind buying $400 of that
devil.gif

no,I don't have it,I wish I had it for myself
devil.gif

I'll probably stop by over the weekend before my sizes are gone. They also had the shell blucher,plain toe.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
So you can just call any store for the shoes? Or do they do a national stock-check to see if it can be drop shipped?

Well I didn't ask if they would ship the shoes this time. However, in a previous instance, they did say they could ship a suit to me if they didn't have it in store.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't ask if they would ship the shoes this time. However, in a previous instance, they did say they could ship a suit to me if they didn't have it in store.

I see

So they generally fit a half size too large?

i.e. if I wear an 8.5D in most AE models, I should get an 8D in the Darlton/Marlow?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabetgonzale