• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

constantine.

Reaction score
I got a reply today and the guy was kinda nice/apologetic about the delay.

But I'm starting to wonder if I even care about customer service anymore. Today I ordered a pair of CP's over the phone at Barney's, and the first guy I talked to was a prick. I still bought the shoes, because I really wanted em at that price. Hmm.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to buy some clothes from TBS..Any FREE shipping Worldwide? All seems quiet here..thanks.

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
I am wanting to buy some clothes from TBS..Any FREE shipping Worldwide? All seems quiet here..thanks.

They normally only do free worldwide shipping once or twice a year. They are in the process of updating the site with FW09 stuff, so my guess is the next free shipping won't happen for a long time. Their shipping is pretty cheap though (alos very fast)...

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get some stuff from them but their customer service is quite slow. Yet to receive a response for my queries.

Btw, are the measurements posted on their webstore accurate to rely on to make a purchase or should i request for actual measurements before making an informed choice?

Thanks guys.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
I got a reply today and the guy was kinda nice/apologetic about the delay. But I'm starting to wonder if I even care about customer service anymore. Today I ordered a pair of CP's over the phone at Barney's, and the first guy I talked to was a prick. I still bought the shoes, because I really wanted em at that price. Hmm.
It sounds like you were dealing with someone who was just a dick. I have thought about this and maybe I am sending the wrong message to retailers, but if they (1) have what I want, (2) at the right price, (3) give me intelligent advice when I ask for it, and (4) leave me alone the rest of the time, then I will buy from them even if they aren't pleasant. I mean really they can be awful human beings, but if they speak the truth, then that is what I want to hear. I have had very good luck with Barneys SAs. "That looks real bad on you, put it down." Love it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My favorite is "you don't need that you already have the best stuff".

True story bro.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Unless the retailer screws you over by taking extra money on accident and gives you **** about refunding or something else bad, people need to quit whining about retailers not giving them a bunch of measurements or responding to questions about how things fit in relation to apc. Farinellis has spoiled all of you because they always have a bunch of employees at a slow store that relies on SF for a majority of their menswear stuff

On topic: The ****? Are common projects really that much now or is it just because of the vat? What do achilles retail for now? Weren't they like $225 2 years ago?

Ry'on

Reaction score
They are 158 usd at cost now.

So then marked up as need be. duties and taxes on them coming from Italy really doesn't help anybody out...

TB can be slow to respond, but their shipping is pretty unreal and apparently they are dropping the price of shipping to the USA this fall too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maurice Blake