• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cruise Attire

Jeff L.

Reaction score
I will be taking my family on a five day Disney Cruise through the Carribean in mid July. What would be in your suitcase, including the flight to and from Orlando?

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went on a cruise recently and I was well served with: A lot of linen, light colored cotton/linen pants, board shorts, and shoes to match all of the prior.

One more thing: If your cruise has a formal night bring a dark suit. There were far too many idiots at the formal dinner on my cruise wearing polos and khakis. I wanted to choke them all with my tie. I'm aware that I take my clothing far more seriously than the average guy, and I know formal night on a cruise isn't exactly fine dining. However, I enjoy the chance to dress well for a nice dinner with my wife, and it really irks me when people completely disregard the dress code for the nicer dinner(s) on the cruise. (Rant over
censored.gif
)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be prepared for the worst food of your life.

Clothes, hawaiian shirts were on almost everyone except for the D & G crowd w/ their overweight, tight as clothes, hi heel wearing hos.

Bringing nice stuff is a waste of time... everyone is dressed so beyond **** its stunning.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J Crew has all the basics you need for this.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Be prepared for the worst food of your life.

I know this might come as no surprise, but please explain.

cwh812

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I know this might come as no surprise, but please explain.

People actually rave about food on cruises and as soon as I hear someone say that I know that they probably consider Olive Garden or Applebee's as going out for a nice meal (which is probably75% or more of Americans). The food sucks. There is a lot of it, but it has no taste. It is very bland.

It is progressively better, the nicer the cruise line and on certain nights. If you are accustomed to eating out in any big city you are going to think the food is horrible. I would say slightly above coach airline food, but not much.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cwh812
People actually rave about food on cruises and as soon as I hear someone say that I know that they probably consider Olive Garden or Applebee's as going out for a nice meal (which is probably75% or more of Americans). The food sucks. There is a lot of it, but it has no taste. It is very bland.

It is progressively better, the nicer the cruise line and on certain nights. If you are accustomed to eating out in any big city you are going to think the food is horrible. I would say slightly above coach airline food, but not much.

I can imagine it. But am I wrong for actually getting excited about coach airline food? Love the stuff.

cwh812

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I can imagine it. But am I wrong for actually getting excited about coach airline food? Love the stuff.

I've had good and bad. On a recent trip to Europe going there it was horrible, but coming back it was decent. This thread has digressed, but has anyone else noticed that the food you get when leaving the US if worse than the food coming back? I've generally noticed this trend on my last couple of trips to Europe.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
But am I wrong for actually getting excited about coach airline food? Love the stuff.

I've decided this is the worst thing that I have read anywhere so far today.

- B

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hisenseportableac