• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
kunk some of us are content to buy clothes that fit, not jam ourselves in to raf simons
biggrin.gif
also, to be fair, I never buy BOO for full price.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
also how the **** does 'taste' enter in to the equation with band? they make shirts in the most simple, basic patterns. is buying a shirt in an identical fabric from raf simons or dries van noten somehow more 'tasteful'?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
"Fixed that for you": I have modified your original post to make it truer and more likely funnier.

gotcha. thanks, I'm still mourning the days when FTW meant "**** the world" rather than the current gay-bro usage of "for the win"
musicboohoo[1].gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Isn't that because you work in a store that sells BoO?

I've never paid full price for a band shirt even before I worked there... it's not hard to find them at 25% discount+. I just bought a $310ish sea island shirt down to $75 on eluxury.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
also how the **** does 'taste' enter in to the equation with band? they make shirts in the most simple, basic patterns. is buying a shirt in an identical fabric from raf simons or dries van noten somehow more 'tasteful'?

If it was Raf or Dries, it probably wouldn't have a shirt tail that covers your crotch in front but shows your belt on the side.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
If it was Raf or Dries, it probably wouldn't have a shirt tail that covers your crotch in front but shows your belt on the side.

what does this have to do with anything?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what does this have to do with anything?

That fit is a reason why a number of people don't like BoO.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
That fit is a reason why a number of people don't like BoO.

I don't care if you don't like it. kunk said the people who buy it have no taste, which is what I took issue with.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I don't care if you don't like it. kunk said the people who buy it have no taste, which is what I took issue with.

Kunk just likes to be a ****. I'll be sure to wear boo when we meet next week.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying stuff with terrible fit would imply no taste too :p He's just screwing with you guys though.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Wait, so you're saying a company like gap, jcrew, ralph lauren who produce a ton of clothes generally made in cheap overseas workshops to send to their own stores all over the country can do this at a cheaper cost than a relatively small design team who use quality materials and make them in small quantities in the USA and also have to deal with many different small retailers? You, bamchairdance, are blowing my mind.

Also, the buttons don't really have to do with shotty construction/quality. This has also been explained in past BoO related threads. People just need to come to terms they'll always hate expensive clothing (except a lot of people don't have a problem with $300 japanese jeans for some reason)

To be fair, with exception, Steven Alan has produced almost the exact same shirt in the USA, likely at the same place the BoO uses and their prices are much more reasonable, in my opinion, for what they are; staple button downs. I don't see much difference in the quality or construction of either with there being around $100 difference in price at retail.

To use any defense other than "IT'S A FREE MARKET MOTHERF**KERS" and to assume that people who believe the BoO is priced too high can't afford / don't "get it" seems a bit childish. I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that you know why other people think the way that they do.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizenmark