• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
GoSurf--- killin it as usual. Looks great.
Originally Posted by bluemagic
One thing I'm looking forward to about this vacation ending is having my wardrobe again, instead of wearing the same four items over and over again, as I've done the past few weeks.
FWIW, I think you look good here. Better than most of the stuff you've posted, IMO.

Kregg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
E82G7346.jpg

Fink o/ Rugby
APC
New Balance (really need to be replaced; wingtips come in the mail on wednesday)

I know this is pretty basic, but any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to feel confident that I'm nailing a few basic fits before I start experimenting with more risky/exotic pieces.

I think the sweater is off. Is it bellowing out on the sides, or is that the stance you're in? Or the shirt under? Anyway, I think it needs to slim down to match the slim cut of the jeans.

Plus, it looks like your nips are hard.

jhdas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kregg
+1
lol8[1].gif
I'd say, add some more color., or patterns, or something. There's a huge expanse of visual nothingness across your torso. The jeans are great, though, so keep that up!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhdas
+1
lol8[1].gif

I'd say, add some more color., or patterns, or something. There's a huge expanse of visual nothingness across your torso.

Which is a long way of saying, "Needs more visual kei!"

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Thanks a lot, I think your style is a lot more mature though. Neutrals are good and easy, but I think bright colors are so refreshing...I'm trying to incorporate more into my wardrobe. I love the [primary] colorplay of a lot of Swiss designers. Great fits by the way.

Thanks, and you're welcome. I don't think it should be too hard to incorporate new colours - just focus on basics and accessories. I think you'll be fine making selections. The crazy stuff comes with practice and comfort, but doesn't hurt to be slightly nuts anyway
smile.gif

Nice. I like the nonchalance of your pocket squares. Neither the color-matching nor the fold are too OCD/perfect, which makes your squares seem less contrived than those of other posters.

Cheers. High praise

I know this is pretty basic, but any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to feel confident that I'm nailing a few basic fits before I start experimenting with more risky/exotic pieces.

The basic look is fine, as long as we don't mention the nipplage. The footwear kinda lets you down. You've a range of options here - you can throw on some more shapely sneakers, hightops, boots or simple tennis shoes and even roll up the trousers slightly. As far as the torso criticism goes, I don't quite agree, but you could always do that half-tuck look, which breaks it up a little and flaunts your belt without the "correctness" of a full tuck. And you yourself have some notable nonchalance that could translate well into your looks in future

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, everybody!

Originally Posted by djh
Something about that looks really off... I think it has to do with the slimness of the jeans (which suit your frame well) and the bulkiness of the beat up NB's.
Yeah. I recently ordered a pair of these:
Picture4.jpg

Should they work well?

Originally Posted by Kregg
I think the sweater is off. Is it bellowing out on the sides, or is that the stance you're in? Or the shirt under? Anyway, I think it needs to slim down to match the slim cut of the jeans.

Yeah, both the buttondown and sweatshirt are new & unwashed, so they'll hopefully slim down/shorten up (in the case of the sweatshirt) a bit post-wash. If not, I might consider getting them tailored.

Didn't notice the nip, but, ****, you're right. I keep my room at about 55-65 F because I study more efficiently in the cold. Maybe I should turn up the thermostat for WAYWT pictures.
tounge.gif

Originally Posted by jhdas
+1
lol8[1].gif

I'd say, add some more color., or patterns, or something. There's a huge expanse of visual nothingness across your torso. The jeans are great, though, so keep that up!

Thanks, regarding the jeans.

Other than wearing a striped/patterned knit, how might I do that? I dunno about wearing a scarf indoors (it just feels contrived), but maybe a light jacket would work?

Originally Posted by barims
The basic look is fine, as long as we don't mention the nipplage. The footwear kinda lets you down. You've a range of options here - you can throw on some more shapely sneakers, hightops, boots or simple tennis shoes and even roll up the trousers slightly. As far as the torso criticism goes, I don't quite agree, but you could always do that half-tuck look, which breaks it up a little and flaunts your belt without the "correctness" of a full tuck. And you yourself have some notable nonchalance that could translate well into your looks in future
Shoes-wise, what do you think of the ones at the top of this post? For the half-tuck, would I actually tuck in the front of the sweatshirt, or just kind of let it bunch up above the belt? I guess it'd be easier to pull off that look with knits whose hems aren't ribbed, but I'll certainly give it a try. Would having the whole thing hemmed so that it hits mid-belt all around make the half-tuck look less drastic?

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate the nonchalance comment, especially coming from you.

slappysloopy

Reaction score
E82G7346.jpg
Fink o/ Rugby APC New Balance (really need to be replaced; wingtips come in the mail on wednesday) I know this is pretty basic, but any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to feel confident that I'm nailing a few basic fits before I start experimenting with more risky/exotic pieces.

Repost with the new shoes, I really want to see how they work with those jeans.
Originally Posted by gshen
waywt030109.jpg
cardigan uniqlo polo crocodile jeans somet 008 watch titus eyewear onkel shoes clarks db

Looks great. How many glasses do you have? I like the way these match your cardigan but the raybans are awesome.
Originally Posted by mr. burns
eh, why not.
shirt.jpg

What jeans are you wearing? I have somewhat larger thighs but these fit you pretty well.

Racove

Reaction score
wmmk,

find a slimmer button down to layer under that sweater. i think that is the source of the akwardness. instead, use it to your advantage. you look great in new cures.... which means you have to buy things very slim to make it all work. i'm guessing that you can't get that from everyday mal brands, but now that you've found SF, you have alot of choices.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappysloopy

What jeans are you wearing? I have somewhat larger thighs but these fit you pretty well.

levi 514 raw. i have pretty muscular legs compared to most on here and i sized down 1, so the thighs were a little tight, but they stretched out and got more comfortable after a week.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Are those the 660's? You have any fit pics or anything? I'm thinking about picking them up from BIG.

Yea, they're 660's from BiG. I went true to size; although there is a lot of scope to size down 1 or 2, as these are very forgiving. More pics of mine, and of the jeans in general.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
As far as the torso criticism goes, I don't quite agree, but you could always do that half-tuck look, which breaks it up a little and flaunts your belt without the "correctness" of a full tuck. And you yourself have some notable nonchalance that could translate well into your looks in future
No, sorry, please don't do this.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Awesome date last night at The Mermaid Inn Jil Sander peacoat, jeans, sneaker, cashmere hoodie, tee Bottega scarf
toile002.jpg

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
eh, why not.
shirt.jpg

Looks good. Did you say those were 514s and you had muscular legs? Wow. When I tried on the 514s, I thought the legs/seat were too tight. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alannn.in