• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's Magician meet-up outfit. I don't think the boot tuck works particularly well with these pants. But I gave it a shot anyway. Next time, I'll likely wear different shoes with these trousers.

Nov2208Fit.png

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Whoa whoa, tailored clothing look and youthful streetwear go together like ******* peas and carrots. The problem is that his look isn't tailored, there isn't one single item that fits him like a glove, it's all an average fit which turns his fits into week old meatloaf.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
+1. This is the problem that has arisen here, a couple of years ago a high percentage of posters on this thread would bring directional and inspired looks to the forum on a daily basis, that was the point to have a forum were people excelled from the norm or at least owned their look. Recently it's become a rehab center for the style afflicted, this isn't a drop in center for the clueless and I for one won't log on to dish out sympathy. If new members were to pay attention to the likes of regular posters past and present:
Get Smart, So Cal, Braid, Stazy, Whodini, Chrono, Sauce, Cult Pop (RIP), Cheap (RIP), Not Carl, FOK (To managerial to post?), Super Bobo and others who's names I don't recall we wouldn't have the occasional **** storms when a new guy posts his crappy Eddie Bauer for Sunday Brunch outfit

poor rye...it breaks my heart how he longs for the sf of yesteryear, while all he's left with now are the hordes of styleless, clueless mf'ers like myself that have come to defile this vaunted platform with our sub-mediocrity...

i'm sorry, dude...i didn't realize...i thought this place was about something different...see, i came here because i was ready to make some major moves, and i wanted a little direction before i dropped big money on stuff...pretty much, i accomplished that...and, in the process, i got sucked into the dynamic of this little community of fashion-nerds...

but, i tell you what...i did my homework, before making my first post...sifted through all the previous waywt's...and on the really-reals, brother rye, i have to think long and hard to remember outfits that i felt truly "inspired" by...in the envirornment that i live and work i see styles so vibrant and alive that what has been put forth on this board (by pretty much anyone, not just the style-'tards, like me) literally pales in comparison...i never came here to be inspired...only to gain a little insight...

and pretty much, that's why i come back...to give and gain insight...and to fraternize with all the little fashion-geeks that have so endeared themselves to me...any inspiration that i find is all gravy...i certainly don't expect it...mostly because i don't expect inspirational people to hang around a thread populated with herbs like you, rye, that think they have not only the right but the duty to harangue the clueless

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
mostly because i don't expect inspirational people to hang around a thread populated with herbs like you, rye, that think they have not only the right but the duty to harangue the clueless

laugh.gif

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
If the guy was positively commenting with all honesty, then that's up to him. You have no say in whether it's up to par or not.

This is either some next level sarcasm or you are profoundly stupid.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full on MC at you all.

BB slim fit OCBD size 15 in cream
Nick Hilton knit 100% cashmere tie in blue, red, cream
Polo leather belt size 34 in tan
Borrelli wool jacket size 38 in brown plaid
Cucinelli light flannel trousers size 32 in heather or platinum or somthing
Rider shell cordovan chukkas size 10 in whiskey

stp82730sd6.jpg

stp82703kw4.jpg

tiebw8.jpg
shoesig9.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
God, i've never seen so many people with such thin skin. I love older people who don't realize the internet isn't real life though. Maybe some should stick to AAAC and men's clothing where people pretend to be gentlemanly. If you look whack, accept it and move on with your life. Either that or start the subforum i suggested earlier. Also, guys. Remember, everyone is a special flower and their opinions are all just as valid as the next person's. Hugs and kisses all around <3 <3 <3 <3 warlok- I still don't understand how we're pretty much the same size in everything. You may be taller than me though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Looking fresh, I wish we had rep here so I could +**** you!

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the first fit where I've actually thought Warlok looks pretty sexy. I think it's the stance.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Whoa whoa, tailored clothing look and youthful streetwear go together like ******* peas and carrots. The problem is that his look isn't tailored, there isn't one single item that fits him like a glove, it's all an average fit which turns his fits into week old meatloaf.

Not in the way he's trying to pull it off. Top half jacket, shirt and tie, bottom half jeans and chucks are tough to pull off for a lot of folks.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going for a bike ride today. The weather is fantastic today and the sun is out, so a nod to spring is in order. EG Fishing Shirt Jacket Obedient Sons Yellow Hooded Windbreaker AA Tee Levi's Vintage Nikes Paul Smith Eyes
IMG_3253.jpg
IMG_3254.jpg
IMG_3248.jpg
EDIT: Didn't like how the jacket looked after the pics, switched to an EG Khaki Engineer jacket. Bonus background shot of the dog.
IMG_3257.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Full on MC at you all.

BB slim fit OCBD size 15 in cream
Nick Hilton knit 100% cashmere tie in blue, red, cream
Polo leather belt size 34 in tan
Borrelli wool jacket size 38 in brown plaid
Cucinelli light flannel trousers size 32 in heather or platinum or somthing
Rider shell cordovan chukkas size 10 in whiskey

I may be far out of my depths even to presume to offer a critique on an MC-type fit, but I don't like any of this! Grey and brown combinations always make my eyes go scattery, and the tie seems too wide, and the reddish brown of the tie seems to conflict with the orangish brown of the jacket, and it looks like you're over-patterned using two patterns with the same scale of detail.

I normally like your fits, but this just seems vaguely unpleasant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members