• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by syzygy
Hey, guys and occasional girl

Don't make us ask. What is all that **** (just jacket, actually)? Great fit, also. Would have liked it more if it was a "Strap-On" hat as I read it at first but...

Electricity

Reaction score
man, i can never wear my sr60s outside of my house. they leak noise like crazy! everyone hears your music and they get pissed.

syzygy

Reaction score
Haha, duly noted. Thanks for the compliments, all.

Head-to-toe, inside-out
Snap-on Hat
SR-60s
shirt from woot (not visible)
Crappy, stretched out Perry Ellis zip up that I only wear when layering (not visible)
Shades of Greige M65 from Context
Skulls
Converse

Edit:
Hell yes, they do. But I never listen to my music loudly and I'm usually listening to it on the subway, so the track noise drowns it out anyway. I'm only wearing them because my friend took my audio technicas

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Headed out tonight. Lucky I have no lectures tomorrow morning. Sorry for awkward pose.
dscf0001jp1.jpg
Topman slim blazer; River Island light blue shirt; Maroon skinny tie; Topman raws; Chucks. Does this hem sit better than my previous post? (I'm hoovering as we speak btw, keep the chat to my clothes if you please)
dscf0006id3.jpg

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Electricity
man, i can never wear my sr60s outside of my house. they leak noise like crazy! everyone hears your music and they get pissed.

+1, I tried wearing Grados on the metro, and I felt like an asshhole. Back to $15 earbuds for the commute.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Heyheyhey- Doesn't work again. Not as an outfit and the hem/shoe interaction still isn't good. Either wear proper shoes, or lose the tie and unbutton the jacket. You're in college are you? Hell, i look a little different than typical house party/bar crowd, but at least i still look youthful and like i'm having fun in my clothes. rye's comments-
inlove.gif

Kev07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Thanksgiving potluck tonight at friend's place. Going to get some nice baguettes and a bottle of wine.

for robbie :Music- Andrew Bird - The Swimming Hour

picture008cr4.jpg

wesc windbreaker
suit company shirt
j lindenberg jeans
apc x nike shoes

dude i've seen some of your posts on sufu too, i dig your style
worship.gif

heyheyhey

Reaction score
So trying to look too smart is bringing it down?

Right; tie is lost, jacket button undone, and I need to seriously shoe hunt tommorow. Cheers.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
You guys are conflating honest criticism with simple ridicule. They are not the same; one is warranted and one is not. No degree of how bad the guy looked (unless he was obviously trolling) should have any bearing on the question. Even beyond users framing their criticisms in semi-insulting language, which I agree is not as bad, we have people who offer no constructive advice whatsoever:
Why does praise have to be constructive?
smile.gif
Just pointing out that there's little difference between him and some other posters, except that others have a few thousand posts. You can't draw the line on him because he isn't some studmuffin or cute (or not) girl.
confused.gif
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Headed out tonight. Lucky I have no lectures tomorrow morning. Sorry for awkward pose.
dscf0001jp1.jpg
Topman slim blazer; River Island light blue shirt; Maroon skinny tie; Topman raws; Chucks.

Here's some constructive criticism: lose the tie, or at least change the color/cut. For some reason, every Caucasian who wears a red tie ends up looking like a news anchor or GOP commentator. I also find myself wondering what your measurements are. Are you in shape or out of shape? Your fit would look tons better if you had a drop from your shoulders to your waist with some waist suppression, but yours blazers always seem to fit you like an "A" instead of a "V", which isn't the most flattering look...

854ca

Reaction score
Inside

DSCF0596.jpg

and out

DSCF0598.jpg

Banana Tee
AA Hoodie
UO BDG Slim Chinos
Beat-up Converse Weapons
North Face Shell Jacket

I bought the North Face jacket before I had a real understanding of any sort of semblance of "fit", so I hate how roomy it is--alas, it's super cold here (low teens).

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Topman slim blazer;
River Island light blue shirt;
Maroon skinny tie;
Topman raws;
Chucks.

Does this hem sit better than my previous post? (I'm hoovering as we speak btw, keep the chat to my clothes if you please)

You look uncomfortable in your clothes, as if you are aware it doesn't work but you're not sure why.

First, forget the black blazer/jeans/shirt and tie/chucks combination. It doesn't work. I know because my wife engineered a family photo a few years ago with me and the boys dressed that way and I have to see it on my wall. Although we pulled it off better than you do
laugh.gif

Lose the shoes and tie and get a more interesting shirt and tie maybe. But I wouldn't pair jeans with a tie and jacket unless you're cooler than almost anyone else you know.

And FFS don't hike up your jeans so high, man that looks uncomfortable on your package. You appear to have wide hips and chunky thighs (I do too) and that's not helping you out any.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Heyheyhey- Doesn't work again. Not as an outfit and the hem/shoe interaction still isn't good. Either wear proper shoes, or lose the tie and unbutton the jacket. You're in college are you? Hell, i look a little different than typical house party/bar crowd, but at least i still look youthful and like i'm having fun in my clothes.

Agreed. Sex it up a bit. If I was your age I'd be dressing like a fkn pimp instead of an old fart like I do now.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So trying to look too smart is bringing it down?

Right; tie is lost, jacket button undone, and I need to seriously shoe hunt tommorow. Cheers.

To me, it appears you are caught in the middle of trying to decide whether you want a tailored clothing look i.e. the Men's Clothing forum, or a youthful streetwear and denim look like this forum.

Trying to mix the two is not really a good idea, and only a handful of people can pull it off.

Do one of two things. 1. Lose the tie, and get some really nice dress shoes to go with that look. 2. Lose the tie and jacket and untuck the shirt (provided it has a shorter hem) and keep the chucks. Both looks would look much better then the one you have right now.

My vote is try to find what identity you want and then go from there, you are leaning on the fence right now though and to echo the rest of the forum members you do look quite uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1