• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Love the look, very authentic. Only thing I would change is to wear running shoes, if you're lucky you can snag some NB's or K-Swiss on sale without breaking the bank.
STFU. It looks terrible.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the point of you guys being assholes about it? Yes, we all know its styleforum, we are not idiots.

We also know that a lot of people come here to learn about style, not to be chased off because something isn't "SF approved" yet.

If you have been reading other threads, you'd know that Intel has been in the process of losing a lot of weight (over 200 pounds right?) So naturally, much of his stuff will be way too big for him. Give the guy credit for posting.

With that said, yeah he has work to do, but he's relatively new and I'm sure with some time and effort he'll be able to post some better looks.

Also, what's wrong with comic books?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
What's the point of you guys being assholes about it? Yes, we all know its styleforum, we are not idiots.
Nothing wrong with him coming here to learn a thing or two. It's stupid to compliment him on something that's not up to par though...

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Nothing wrong with him coming here to learn a thing or two. It's stupid to compliment him on something that's not up to par though...

If the guy was positively commenting with all honesty, then that's up to him. You have no say in whether it's up to par or not.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Intelligence3
I like the look Adam. FWIW 854, I agree that the blues diverge too much from hat to flannel.

And now, why you shouldn't listen to me (dressed for early morning walk on the bay, it was cold and foggy):

112208.jpg

My longtime favorite sweater (Eddie Bauer) is officially OMFGWTF way too big on me, sadly, I guess I'll retire it, it's 10 years old after all. Also, retiring the cheapass Lee jeans, bought some better fitting ones from Old Navy today. Next payday I'll be starting in on some unshrunk 501s, as well.

Hat's from a German motorcycle carburetor company, though, so it's all good.

This is what I'm talking about. Fresh fresh fresh. I love how the hue of your shoes match your sweater. The orange shirt is a nice touch which takes your eye away from the deep blue of those dope blue jeans. I like the sweater and definately don't think you should retire it. It hides any signs of a beer gut perfectly and doesn't give people the idea you're trying too hard.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Jesus can we leave the guy alone ******* cool guys.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
This is what I'm talking about. Fresh fresh fresh. I love how the hue of your shoes match your sweater. The orange shirt is a nice touch which takes your eye away from the deep blue of those dope blue jeans. I like the sweater and definately don't think you should retire it. It hides any signs of a beer gut perfectly and doesn't give people the idea you're trying too hard.

Almost as good as that walk you take down the little pier to shoot pics : p

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
STFU. It looks terrible.

Looks awesome like a fox, like the rest of this forum.
worship.gif

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's with the hate? if you don't like it, post something constructive, suggest something that he COULD wear, you don't have to patronize or mock him to get your point across; we all had to start from somewhere. i don't know about you guys, but since i am on this forum to improve my own style plus those around me, i'd rather be open and positive and encourage those around me than be closed-minded and negative and put off those around me (as well as being a general snob).

skunkworks

Reaction score
This is the ugly part of SF that makes me think I would hate half of you guys in real life. Dicks.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
what's with the hate? if you don't like it, post something constructive, suggest something that he COULD wear, you don't have to patronize or mock him to get your point across; we all had to start from somewhere. i don't know about you guys, but since i am on this forum to improve my own style plus those around me, i'd rather be open and positive and encourage those around me than be closed-minded and negative and put off those around me (as well as being a general snob).
+1

Intelligence3

Reaction score
That was indeed the point of my post, that my clothes aren't stylish, and that Adam shouldn't really take my advice. That's why I said the sweater was too old and too big, the jeans were crappy $15 Lees that I need to replace immediately, etc. Basically, the only thing I said I liked was the hat. And it's a damned baseball hat. I don't actually like baseball hats, nearly everyone with a head owns a baseball cap. They just keep my head warm in the absence of suitable alternatives. Cripes, my roommate brought along his camera and took a picture and I thought, "Well, that would look pretty bad on WAYWT", so I put it up for the lulz. As Adam pointed out, I have lost a metric ton of weight, and am here to get an idea of what to wear, now that I'm getting within range of actually wearing some stylish clothes. Let's get back to that.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Intelligence3
That was indeed the point of my post, that my clothes aren't stylish, and that Adam shouldn't really take my advice.

That's why I said the sweater was too old and too big, the jeans were crappy $15 Lees that I need to replace immediately, etc. Basically, the only thing I said I liked was the hat. And it's a damned baseball hat. I don't actually like baseball hats, nearly everyone with a head owns a baseball cap. They just keep my head warm in the absence of suitable alternatives. Cripes, my roommate brought along his camera and took a picture and I thought, "Well, that would look pretty bad on WAYWT", so I put it up for the lulz.

As Adam pointed out, I have lost a metric ton of weight, and am here to get an idea of what to wear, now that I'm getting within range of actually wearing some stylish clothes. Let's get back to that.

I got your pic post. You clearly knew you lacked any style in that photo. Now squeeze into some APC NS (sized down two), an XS AA v-neck, and some DBs, Chucks or JPs and post again for some "boring" praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt