• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm married! Wedding pics inside.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
We actually darted out pretty early this morning and slept in fairly late, so there wasn't any time for a relaxed breakfast. We had a 10:30am appointment with Anna, after all. Tomorrow, however, is set aside for relaxation.

Be sure to tell her that she looks radiant in your wedding photographs.

- B

Bishop of Briggs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
We actually darted out pretty early this morning and slept in fairly late, so there wasn't any time for a relaxed breakfast. We had a 10:30am appointment with Anna, after all. Tomorrow, however, is set aside for relaxation.
More shirts? What have you ordered this time? Your new wife must be very tolerant to go shirt shopping on her honeymoon.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bishop of Briggs
More shirts? What have you ordered this time?

Your new wife must be very tolerant to go shirt shopping on her honeymoon.

I've been trying to plan mine to have a stopover in Paris, but I think that will not happen. Sigh.

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bishop of Briggs
More shirts? What have you ordered this time?

Your new wife must be very tolerant to go shirt shopping on her honeymoon.

Shopping? Pffffft. Child's play.

I dragged mine to an AC Milan match at the end of our honeymoon in Italy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I've been trying to plan mine to have a stopover in Paris, but I think that will not happen. Sigh.

You can always fly Lauwers to where you are going.

- B

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You can always fly Lauwers to where you are going.

- B

You seem to assume I'm the sort of person who can afford to stay at teh Crillon.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
You seem to assume I'm the sort of person who can afford to stay at teh Crillon.

I'm just extrapolating from how the buttonholes were sewn.

- B

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm just extrapolating from how the buttonholes were sewn.

- B

"No more twist!!!"

(I've often thought that if I ever get another cat he would have the middle name Simpkin.)

millionaire75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virginia Dandy
Shopping? Pffffft. Child's play.

I dragged mine to an AC Milan match at the end of our honeymoon in Italy.

you rock!!!! we managed to watch a few champions league games at a bar in positano this summer during our honeymoon....then again, she is a big soccer fan as well.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virginia Dandy
Shopping? Pffffft. Child's play. I dragged mine to an AC Milan match at the end of our honeymoon in Italy.

These are not mutually exclusive.
smile.gif

We assume you are the sort of person who would stay at the Crillon, though I'm not sure if the Berstein Suite or the Louis XV Suite would be more to your liking.
worship.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
We assume you are the sort of person who would stay at the Crillon, though I'm not sure if the Berstein Suite or the Louis XV Suite would be more to your liking.
worship.gif

I think I'd like to stay at the Lancaster, although frankly I'd most prefer to find a charming hotel with a nice room rather than a prestige hotel with shoebox rooms for the hoi polloi like moi. I've heard good things about the Duc de Saint-Simon.

I wonder if any Paris hotels have their own cat.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I stayed there once. I had to sleep on a little ledge under a window covered with a ski jacket
frown.gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'd like to stay at the Lancaster, although frankly I'd most prefer to find a charming hotel with a nice room rather than a prestige hotel with shoebox rooms for the hoi polloi like moi. I've heard good things about the Duc de Saint-Simon.

I wonder if any Paris hotels have their own cat.

Mansart; I'm sure you know the location. Not really romantic, but at least you can sneak across the street...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Mansart; I'm sure you know the location. Not really romantic, but at least you can sneak across the street...
Yes, there are quite a few discreet and very comfy hotels in that area, including the Hotel Bedford, which I visited often for fittings with Henri de la Piscine, who used to have a shop at 10, rue Tronchet in the same area. I often thought that the only thing missing from Charvet's fabric room was a cat, but it would probably rip things and get fur everywhere and sleep all over the place. Perhaps they could use one on the bespoke floor at Lanvin -- it would give the lonely tailors something to do.

Originally Posted by medwards
I understand the cat at the Hotel Saint-Paul is quite friendly.
Hmmm.

I found out there was a law firm with its own cat in Paris too.

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack mafoo.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member