• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm married! Wedding pics inside.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally, I like some of the other photos better. I know, I know, everyone likes a big smile. But the other ones seem more 'me'.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Personally, I like some of the other photos better. I know, I know, everyone likes a big smile. But the other ones seem more 'me'.

The one of you toasting is probably my second favourite, if that helps you feel better.
wink.gif

Those are head & shoulders above the rest in my opinion, with respect to seeing the you coming across as relaxed in the photo and conveying a natural style (obviously, this may not necessarily the same as being relaxed/stylish in reality - that may be more evident in other settings but all we have to go on are the impressions from the photos).

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The most important thing this thread emphasizes is how fortunate you are in your wife.

My girl and I have been together for just under 25 years (there's a book coming out that will have our story in it if I finally end up agreeing to it), and few things give life greater meaning than discovering the woman who knows you and likes you...those two things are harder than love.

Again, best wishes for happiness and a live both frivolous and profound, my friend.

- B

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the confusion comes from your glazed over, almost manequin like expressions on your fit pictures.

It's obvious from your posts that you actually have a personality, but those pictures don't convey the true 'you'...unless you really have a manequin like personality.

The pictures with a smile or in "action" seem to match the personality that posts on these forums, IMHO.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The most important thing this thread emphasizes is how fortunate you are in your wife.

My girl and I have been together for just under 25 years (there's a book coming out that will have our story in it if I finally end up agreeing to it), and few things give life greater meaning than discovering the woman who knows you and likes you...those two things are harder than love.

Again, best wishes for happiness and a live both frivolous and profound, my friend.

- B

Thanks, Bill. You could not be more right: she's absolutely a dream. And you're so damned eloquent
smile.gif

playdohh22

Reaction score

seems normal. only smile for the camera if its a natural smile, don't force a smile. usually the best shots taken of one's smile is when they are least suspecting or unaware of someone taking a photo of them(seems like the case for the photo you posted). i agree with the rest, the picture with you smiling is the best i've seen from you, yet.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

Damn, I need to PM you for book recommendations sometime. I want to learn to write like you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads