• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
mss: i thought you were only 15 minutes from the convention center.

for those in nyc the barney sale starts on the 17th and from what ive been told they will have a lot more yuketen styles. when my sister went to la one yesterday she said they only had four different styles (in a couple different size runs).

Ideally. Traffic puts me anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour. The whole trip would be 2-3 hours. I have a big business trip next week and other obligations. That said, I don't know if I missed something, but I only saw the two styles I bought - angler moc and chukka. I Was really pressed for time and only had about 15 minutes to be in there so I just looked at the 8., 9, and 9.5 styles. Anyway, I would help out other forum members if I could or I knew any other styles or sizes. The selection of 9 seemed pretty slim all around, and I bought the last in the yuks I saw.

raven37457

Reaction score
you know i dont know. they are dumping all the ones people returned and the styles that never sold and going by the prices at the la sale they were rock bottom, right around the prices i bought at ab last month.

Sounds like money, I am definitely going to be there on the 17th. I hope I can find a pair of suede mocs in peanut.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
Sounds like money, I am definitely going to be there on the 17th. I hope I can find a pair of suede mocs in peanut.

totally. i bet you can find them
smile.gif

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
totally. i bet you can find them
smile.gif

Yea, good luck. I was really happy with what they had in LA. Just want to reiterate I'd help with a proxy but I don't think there's much of anything left.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
So I gave the combler one last crack at fixing his **** up on my boots. I picked them up last night. Look like a million bucks but im still gonna pick up another pair just to get something else in the rotation. Really should start rocking my Danner boots too. Sometimes I hate taking a shoe/boot that looks so perfect and wearing them....yes it sounds stupid and no I have never been a ISS member
smile.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
So I gave the combler one last crack at fixing his **** up on my boots. I picked them up last night. Look like a million bucks but im still gonna pick up another pair just to get something else in the rotation. Really should start rocking my Danner boots too. Sometimes I hate taking a shoe/boot that looks so perfect and wearing them....yes it sounds stupid and no I have never been a ISS member
smile.gif

you gotta take pics. im dying to see what these boots look like. thats what i dont understand about people and shoes, they are meant to be worn. beat em up!
smile.gif

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
you gotta take pics. im dying to see what these boots look like. thats what i dont understand about people and shoes, they are meant to be worn. beat em up!
smile.gif

Charging cam battery as we speak but god is this groin pull killin me and it's downstairs. Best is I never had issues wearing my Visvim Virgils all the time and those were my most expensive shoe/boot to date but ever since then I been weird about it. Im gonna start copping 2 perrrrr and ds'in them. haha

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
Charging cam battery as we speak but god is this groin pull killin me and it's downstairs.
yeah, dont be pullin your groin with the pics and what not. there just shoes. just whenever you feel better you weirdo
smile.gif

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i decided to clean my pair of lg angler mocs with some venetian cream. i wore this particular pair a lot all last year so for some of you out there that are curious to see how cxl wears, this might help. these have been cleaned/conditioned twice with venetian cream and once with the quoddy waterproofer.
DSCN0535-1.jpg
the scar on the left corner (pic below) was from playing with the dog. the leather gets really soft over time and will scar easily ... so they pick up a lot of character. you can also see a lot of the surface cracks from the waxed flesh process this particular leather went thru.
DSCN0531-1.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
interest check: for those of you that buy multiple pairs of yuketens each year (like me) know its a giant pain ********** to find your style and size. so i was thinking about forming a buy group. ideally, the goal would be for each of to find the style and sizes we want (by season). there are roughly 60 retailers around the world (excluding japan) that we would need to contact in order to get a current stock list that we could share amongst ourselves so when a member of the group wanted to buy a pair of yuketens that person would know what retailer had a particular style in stock and at what price. the list would have to updated on a regular basis so it would take a little work on all of our parts but would be worth it in the end ... this could potentially be a huge time saver. we could also work with retailers to see if they would extend us a discount if we make multiple purchases and what not. if there isnt enough interest its not a deal ... it was just something i thought of to make the shopping for yuketen process a little bit easier. pm me if your interested.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i have talked to a couple people already who have expressed interest in creating a retailer stock list so keep em coming.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
def yes ... group buys like the inverallan one is crucial!!!
rkd! you are going to love me. i found a place that has 2 colors of chukkas in size 8, 9, and 10 on sale for $170. they also have a pair of the sport chukkas with the natural crepe sole in the same size range on sale as well. the store is unknown and not an affiliate so pm me for the contact info for those that are interested!

ts18

Reaction score
rkd! you are going to love me. i found a place that has 2 colors of chukkas in size 8, 9, and 10 on sale for $170. they also have a pair of the sport chukkas with the natural crepe sole in the same size range on sale as well. the store is unknown and not an affiliate so pm me for the contact info for those that are interested!

Hi
Just want to see if there is any 7.5 or 8 for any style?
Looking forward for your reply.
thz
tin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads