• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Expert Opinion on my new Jacket

dustbash

Reaction score
Hello,

My new jacket arrived today. Purchased online, so no fitting. I am a 42L and this is a 42. Do you think it fits? Does it look good? What would you wear with it? Going to the theater Friday, usually wear a suit. Would like to change it a little.

Thank you in advance for your comments!

cksnipe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoulders look a little wide on you, but the length looks fine.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to my rather un-professional eye, everything looks good except the shoulders.

The pointy-ness tells me that the shoulders are too wide.

dustbash

Reaction score
Can that be fixed? I assume that means they need to move in on the end. To tell you how much I know I thought the were too narrow.

Astan

Reaction score
looks a little short on the back side too but some people wear it like that anyways.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dustbash
Can that be fixed? I assume that means they need to move in on the end. To tell you how much I know I thought the were too narrow.

From what I understand, alterations to the shoulders are doable, but can be costly and performed by a very experienced tailor. If there's one area you want to fit just right, it's the shoulders.

Is that a Ralph Lauren Black Label jacket?

dustbash

Reaction score
Man hamish, that's harsh, bad day?

I don't quite understand the "fake wiskers" comment.

The jeans are the casual jeans I wore all day, I was really seeking input on the jacket.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That jacket is **** on so many different levels of fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads