1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yoox pant sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VWpete, Aug 14, 2003.

1. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

Hey there,
    I'm looking at a specific pair of Dior pants on yoox and have some sizing questions. Has anyone here used yoox sizing system that shows in US sizes. It seems awfully high labeling dior as US 38- 40 etc. Odd sizes for these. I'm a US 28-30, Dior 46... any tips on ordering from yoox?
    Thanks,
    Pete

2. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

My guess is, they are using the Americanized Italian size --- meaning US 38 = It 48 = 32" waist. Thus 30" waist = It 46 = US 36.

It's strange they don't list pants size in inches.

Naturlaut

3. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

Thanks for your help... So if I find a US 36, it should mean 30 inches? Thanks for your help.
    Pete

4. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

I hope so. Unless they meant 38" waist...... is there a telephone number you could call and ask?

Or maybe you should wait till someone who has actually ordered to give you a better idea .......

5. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Having ordered a few pairs of pants from Yoox before, I can say naturlaut's guess is right. It is a little random as to which pants fit this sizing scheme and which fit the standard American one. The way to figure out what you need to order is to filter everything by your approximate size.

For example, I'm roughly about a medium in generic terms, so I searched for only "medium" range items. Then, some pairs of pants stocked in only size 32 (my waist size) would come up, and you could tell those would be U.S. sized, while some pairs that would filter through would be only available in size 38, which translates to It 48=32. So if the Dior pants are only available in "size 36" and pass through the filter when you look for "small" items, it would probably be your size. This should work for you, and if it doesn't Yoox has a good reputation for dealing with returns.

6. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

I've ordered many pairs of pants from Yoox, and I can confirm that the size listed as the "US" size for pants is actually the Eur. size minus 10. Therefore, if you wear a 46 in Dior, you should look for pants which are marked as 36 in "US" sizing.

However, if the pants are marked as 36 "JNS" size, that is what Americans would call a 36 (i.e. 36 inches), and Europeans would call a 52.