• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox pant sizing

VWpete

Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm looking at a specific pair of Dior pants on yoox and have some sizing questions. Has anyone here used yoox sizing system that shows in US sizes. It seems awfully high labeling dior as US 38- 40 etc. Odd sizes for these. I'm a US 28-30, Dior 46... any tips on ordering from yoox?
Thanks,
Pete

naturlaut

Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm looking at a specific pair of Dior pants on yoox and have some sizing questions. Has anyone here used yoox sizing system that shows in US sizes. It seems awfully high labeling dior as US 38- 40 etc. Odd sizes for these. I'm a US 28-30, Dior 46... any tips on ordering from yoox?
Thanks,
Pete
My guess is, they are using the Americanized Italian size --- meaning US 38 = It 48 = 32" waist. Thus 30" waist = It 46 = US 36.

It's strange they don't list pants size in inches.

Naturlaut

VWpete

Reaction score
Thanks for your help... So if I find a US 36, it should mean 30 inches? Thanks for your help.
Pete

naturlaut

Reaction score
Thanks for your help... So if I find a US 36, it should mean 30 inches? Thanks for your help.
Pete
I hope so. Unless they meant 38" waist...... is there a telephone number you could call and ask?

Or maybe you should wait till someone who has actually ordered to give you a better idea .......

aybojs

Reaction score
Having ordered a few pairs of pants from Yoox before, I can say naturlaut's guess is right. It is a little random as to which pants fit this sizing scheme and which fit the standard American one. The way to figure out what you need to order is to filter everything by your approximate size.

For example, I'm roughly about a medium in generic terms, so I searched for only "medium" range items. Then, some pairs of pants stocked in only size 32 (my waist size) would come up, and you could tell those would be U.S. sized, while some pairs that would filter through would be only available in size 38, which translates to It 48=32. So if the Dior pants are only available in "size 36" and pass through the filter when you look for "small" items, it would probably be your size. This should work for you, and if it doesn't Yoox has a good reputation for dealing with returns.

bryce330

Reaction score
I've ordered many pairs of pants from Yoox, and I can confirm that the size listed as the "US" size for pants is actually the Eur. size minus 10. Therefore, if you wear a 46 in Dior, you should look for pants which are marked as 36 in "US" sizing.

However, if the pants are marked as 36 "JNS" size, that is what Americans would call a 36 (i.e. 36 inches), and Europeans would call a 52.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads