• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In on the purple cash! Go YHNT.
Come hell or high water, I'm wearing it next week. Was desperately trying to rationalize knotting it up today, despite the fact it was nearly 80 outside...at 630 am lol.

It's a gorgeous piece. Regal as all get out.

Edit: taking a look back at some of the past F/W pieces has me imitating Mr. Burns' "excellent" mannerisms at my desk.

Edit2: Rob, while not exactly seasonal, please bring back the cyclone flax...that thing is absurdly gorgeous...or just drop something similar in just about any fabric lol.

Last edited:

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score

Come hell or high water, I'm wearing it next week. Was desperately trying to rationalize knotting it up today, despite the fact it was nearly 80 outside...at 630 am lol.

It's a gorgeous piece. Regal as all get out.

Edit: taking a look back at some of the past F/W pieces has me imitating Mr. Burns' "excellent" mannerisms at my desk.

Eeexxxcellent (rolls fingertips together)...your post on how relatively lightweight the silk cash is helped convince me to pull the trigger!
1f609.png

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eeexxxcellent (rolls fingertips together)...your post on how relatively lightweight the silk cash is helped convince me to pull the trigger!
1f609.png
Glad to help (and hopefully score brownie points with Rob haha!)

In all seriousness, it is definitely not the traditional cashmere, at least as I have been conditioned to think of the fabric. It probably owes a bit to the weave, but it feels tougher (a bit grittier perhaps?) than other cashmere pieces I have. The purp is one that could easily be worn most of the year, whereas the cashmere stripe from YH (still the very best example of customer service I've come across in quite a long time) feels like a freaking blanket (albeit a beautiful lush cashmere blanket lol) on my neck. That baby is meant for the nippy days haha.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is this one gone Rob or is it part of the Fall lineup to come?
I do still have it, was being shifted, be happy to honor the summer sale price for you as well....shoot me a pm if that works and I can set up an invoice through paypal. That way you guarantee it won't get sniped online (it's the only one we have left).

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That looks wonderful! Speaking of which, we have a few more coming in for teh Fall....hope to get a photoshoot dine at some point next week with the entire collection followed by the debut of the early Fall pieces!

Lovely Lavender Shetland Tweed

WBill Holiday Donegal Tweed

WBill Thanksgiving Tattersall

The Thanksgiving Tattersall is EXTREMELY limited (only two of these) so if anyone is interested, please shoot me a pm before the Fall Collection goes up. Most of the Fall will be at $149.99 with the exception of some of the cashmeres which may be a little more, but the SF discount of 10% will be back in effect once those are up. I'd be happy to offer it as preorders through here as well on anything you see before they go live.

imys

Reaction score
That looks wonderful! Speaking of which, we have a few more coming in for teh Fall....hope to get a photoshoot dine at some point next week with the entire collection followed by the debut of the early Fall pieces!

Lovely Lavender Shetland Tweed

WBill Holiday Donegal Tweed

WBill Thanksgiving Tattersall

The Thanksgiving Tattersall is EXTREMELY limited (only two of these) so if anyone is interested, please shoot me a pm before the Fall Collection goes up. Most of the Fall will be at $149.99 with the exception of some of the cashmeres which may be a little more, but the SF discount of 10% will be back in effect once those are up. I'd be happy to offer it as preorders through here as well on anything you see before they go live.
Looks great Rob! The Tweeds look incredibly warm. Looking forward to the photo shoot. I'm curious to see how you pair the white Tattersall.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rob just found out we hate to hit an end of summer wedding up in Maine. Anything laying around? Would love to pick something up

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob just found out we hate to hit an end of summer wedding up in Maine. Anything laying around? Would love to pick something up
I'm biased, but I'd be inclined to say one of the silk/cashmere windowpanes. I love the navy, and have the red on the way today. If you're wearing blue, I'm thinking the red would make for a killer look...though that only includes what Rob has up on the site. I'm sure there are a few unlisted gems floating around as well.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red cash/silk is stoooopid sick! Will post pics in the next day or so as I am able.

Looks almost like a burnt orange in artificial light, but comes through as a super low key red (think freshly drawn blood before it congeals) in natural light.

Another winner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads