• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

scatterbrain

Reaction score

Ben,
When are you going roll out the full canvas jackets? I have two of your Napoli jackets in 36S and am interested in picking up some more. Also, will you be doing any in a heavy tweed?

On a related note, are you leaving the measurements the same on the fully canvassed jackets as they were on the Napoli? I suspect that those buying fully canvassed could use the extra inch in the chest and waist...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Fair enough. I'll probably move forward with both. Just wanted to test the half canvas market and see what happens... I'd love to take on Suit Supply and take some of their market share.

I've noticed a lot of recent back and forth in this thread about full and half canvas. Honestly, I think having these lower priced half canvas jackets available as an option is a smart move. Suit Supply is a good value and thus its appeal, but the cuts tend to be a little trendy. I could see the store growing some in that market over time with the right priced merchandise.

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ From what I can tell/feel, Ben's half-canvased jacket is much much nicer than my Suit Supply stuff. Just seemed a good time to point that out.

Beav

Reaction score

I've noticed a lot of recent back and forth in this thread about full and half canvas. Honestly, I think having these lower priced half canvas jackets available as an option is a smart move. Suit Supply is a good value and thus it's appeal, but the cuts tend to be a little trendy. I could see your store growing some in that market over time with the right priced merchandise.

I agree very much with this, I'd love to see these jackets catch on and be an ongoing item. I think it occupies a spot nobody else does well, including Suit Supply. I missed out on the jacket I really wanted in my size, but I hope to see more made available in the future.

hokuto

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

I'm really impressed by the Bella Spalla Sportcoat but I'm rather hesitant to buy it in black vs navy or charcoal, I've backtrack a few pages and understand their are some production issues but are we talking about weeks or months to see it in a different colour in a 36s?

Thank you

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben,
When are you going roll out the full canvas jackets? I have two of your Napoli jackets in 36S and am interested in picking up some more. Also, will you be doing any in a heavy tweed?

Yes i do plan to do more full canvas - appears to be demand for both. I'm personally not a fan of tweed so probably not, and with tweed it's so thick and stiff it barely makes a difference if it's fully canvassed IMO.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On a related note, are you leaving the measurements the same on the fully canvassed jackets as they were on the Napoli? I suspect that those buying fully canvassed could use the extra inch in the chest and waist...

Haven't decided yet... there were plenty of customers who found the Napoli a little too big in the chest and shoulders...but we'll see...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Ben,

I'm really impressed by the Bella Spalla Sportcoat but I'm rather hesitant to buy it in black vs navy or charcoal, I've backtrack a few pages and understand their are some production issues but are we talking about weeks or months to see it in a different colour in a 36s?

Thank you

I'm headed back to Napoli later this month - originally was going to roll out more in March but might get pushed back further by a few weeks.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
N
Haven't decided yet... there were plenty of customers who found the Napoli a little too big in the chest and shoulders...but we'll see...

Napoli 36S chest is fine on me but the shoulder is definitely too wide. I much prefer the Classico 2 cut.

gimmeabreak

Reaction score

That's strange. I felt that the Napoli is slim (i wear 40R and have true 40" chest), and that anything more than that would be tight (and a main reason I'm still hesitating to dip into the new line, as it is an inch tighter in the chest and the waist). 3" allowance in the chest is pretty standard, no? I am pretty average/athletic build and even the Napoli in my regular size (40R for an actual 40" chest) occasionally feels snug, cant really imagine going an inch down. I'd probably size up instead, but then the shoulders may go out of whack....

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another shout-out to Ben and Julie. I've been a customer for many years and have never been less than pleased with everything they do. I have three suits from them and one sport-coat on the way.

P.S to Ben - I also would pay 400 for a full canvass.

P.P.S. to Ben - do you plan on making any slim/extra slim dress shirts? I'm a 16.5 but have about a 32" waist...so most shirts are tents on me.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Na
Napoli 36S chest is fine on me but the shoulder is definitely too wide. I much prefer the Classico 2 cut.

Thanks for your input.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's strange. I felt that the Napoli is slim (i wear 40R and have true 40" chest), and that anything more than that would be tight (and a main reason I'm still hesitating to dip into the new line, as it is an inch tighter in the chest and the waist). 3" allowance in the chest is pretty standard, no? I am pretty average/athletic build and even the Napoli in my regular size (40R for an actual 40" chest) occasionally feels snug, cant really imagine going an inch down. I'd probably size up instead, but then the shoulders may go out of whack....

Just curious do you also have the Classico or Classico II suits at all?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Another shout-out to Ben and Julie. I've been a customer for many years and have never been less than pleased with everything they do. I have three suits from them and one sport-coat on the way.

P.S to Ben - I also would pay 400 for a full canvass.

P.P.S. to Ben - do you plan on making any slim/extra slim dress shirts? I'm a 16.5 but have about a 32" waist...so most shirts are tents on me.

Extra-slim shirts, no. The Benjamin shirts we have now are slim though and have the dual darts down the back for shaping. They're really nice - and more coming soon!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtrran