• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW chan or Ravazzolo

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new suit in light grey. I was leaning towards a Ravazzolo MTM for around $2200 or a WW Chan suit for around $1200. Gordon Yao does not have a light grey fabric that I want.

I'm headed to HK in about a month or so. I was also going to try Bosco tailors in HK and I believe their suits start at $600 but the only person that I know that has a Bosco suit is a politician and the suit looked great.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally, for half the price, I would give Chan a try. But I have no experience with either.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So try something new.

wmb

Reaction score
are you unhappy with the chan suits? I guess you must be or you wouldnt be lookiing elsewhere... what is it that you are dissatisfied with, if you dont mind sharing...

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bosco cutting is ok, but mind you their suit is half fused.
look around to see what light grey you want, ask Gordon to order for you, or buy it yourself and give it to Gordon do CMT.

James Douglas Collection

Reaction score
My question to you would be this, are you sure you know what you're looking for? you have quoted 3 different price ranges, and there is substantial quality differences i'm assuming in the 3, so are you sure what you're looking for?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have not been to HK I am surprised that you can dismiss Yao as not having the fabric you want. In turn visiting his shop might change you mind because he is certainly not short of bunches from which to choose.

As you have been to Chan either you like their work or you do not. So I am not entirely sure why you are asking given that. If want a change, then change, if not and you are happy, why change?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads