Would you ever wear USED jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by FunnyJunk2000, Jan 18, 2008.

1. FunnyJunk2000

FunnyJunk2000 Active Member

Just curious on what you guys think about this. There's a lot of jean sellers in the buying and selling forum as well as superfuture and eBay. Do you ever buy used jeans? And if so do you feel a little weird or no?

Personally, I don't really like the thought of someone else's jeans but I know if you wash it, it's probably not going to make a difference.

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

I've seen people buy unwashed used jeans. And then they wear them without washing them.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I personally would not however I think many people on these forums would.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I've bought used jeans a few times. Never had a problem with it. If i don't see it happen, it doesn't bother me

5. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I don't buy used clothing, period. Some of them might have been worn by dying people.. Creepy!

6. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

All of my raw jeans are used, and have never been washed upon receiving them. My main concern when purchasing used raw jeans is if the former user have set in fades that doesn't match my legs. Other than that, you just have to trust the seller that they aren't lying when they said that they have not vomitted or pissed on them.

Half of my wardrobe are pretty much used clothing. I guess when it comes to price/quality and hygene, I favour price/quality.

7. whacked

whacked Senior member

I don't buy used clothing, period. Some of them might have been worn by dying people.. Creepy!

Cool. Better pickings for the rest of us then.

There's rarely a hygiene concern a good wash can't take care of(otherwise, it'd be too obvious and you wouldn't make the plunge anyway). And in any case, I'd like to think that those once-raw pairs have a REAL, and often interesting history to them, unlike the brand new, yet predistressed and just fugly 7FAM, CoH, R&R etc. some are so fond of.

8. cookieoflife

cookieoflife Senior member

With the level of obsessive care prevalent on this forum, I'm pretty sure that whoever owned my jeans before I did probably cared for them better than I do.

9. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

It depends. If they look almost shiny raw then I think it'd be safe to assume they haven't worn them enough for it to become a hygiene issue. If it's been worn to a point where it's very noticable or if it's safe to wash then I go right ahead.

10. dawit

dawit Senior member

11. Karo

Karo Senior member

Probably should wash them first. The previous owner might have a bad case of pubic lice. [​IMG]

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

Not on a bet.

13. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I prefer jeans used just enough to shake off the full retail price.
    I've seen people buy unwashed used jeans. And then they wear them without washing them.
    I have done this more than once. Worn by two previous folks. Unwashed. Actually, I have an unwashed vintage pair of levis (redlines) that have been heavily used, though I don't know when they were last washed. I should probably wash them to rejuvenate the denim but I don't want lose any more indigo!
    We are always dying in our used jeans.

14. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

No because it defeats the purpose of giving the jeans your own personal trademark. Each stain, rips, fades, etc has a history and makes the jeans your own. I have about 50 pairs of jeans and they all have their unique stories.

15. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Jeans are workwear,they are meant to be dirty, scratch that, filthy. Jeans are meant to be filthy. Now whether that filth is mine or someone elses is really of no concern to me. Either they are dirty when I get them, or a few days/weeks later.