• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you ever wear USED jeans?

FunnyJunk2000

Reaction score
Just curious on what you guys think about this. There's a lot of jean sellers in the buying and selling forum as well as superfuture and eBay. Do you ever buy used jeans? And if so do you feel a little weird or no?

Personally, I don't really like the thought of someone else's jeans but I know if you wash it, it's probably not going to make a difference.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen people buy unwashed used jeans. And then they wear them without washing them.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally would not however I think many people on these forums would.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't buy used clothing, period. Some of them might have been worn by dying people.. Creepy!

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
All of my raw jeans are used, and have never been washed upon receiving them. My main concern when purchasing used raw jeans is if the former user have set in fades that doesn't match my legs. Other than that, you just have to trust the seller that they aren't lying when they said that they have not vomitted or pissed on them.

Half of my wardrobe are pretty much used clothing. I guess when it comes to price/quality and hygene, I favour price/quality.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
I don't buy used clothing, period. Some of them might have been worn by dying people.. Creepy!

Cool. Better pickings for the rest of us then.

There's rarely a hygiene concern a good wash can't take care of(otherwise, it'd be too obvious and you wouldn't make the plunge anyway). And in any case, I'd like to think that those once-raw pairs have a REAL, and often interesting history to them, unlike the brand new, yet predistressed and just fugly 7FAM, CoH, R&R etc. some are so fond of.

cookieoflife

Reaction score
With the level of obsessive care prevalent on this forum, I'm pretty sure that whoever owned my jeans before I did probably cared for them better than I do.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
It depends. If they look almost shiny raw then I think it'd be safe to assume they haven't worn them enough for it to become a hygiene issue. If it's been worn to a point where it's very noticable or if it's safe to wash then I go right ahead.

Karo

Reaction score
Probably should wash them first. The previous owner might have a bad case of pubic lice.
uhoh.gif

Reaction score
I prefer jeans used just enough to shake off the full retail price.
Originally Posted by xchen
I've seen people buy unwashed used jeans. And then they wear them without washing them.
I have done this more than once. Worn by two previous folks. Unwashed. Actually, I have an unwashed vintage pair of levis (redlines) that have been heavily used, though I don't know when they were last washed. I should probably wash them to rejuvenate the denim but I don't want lose any more indigo!
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
We are always dying in our used jeans.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No because it defeats the purpose of giving the jeans your own personal trademark. Each stain, rips, fades, etc has a history and makes the jeans your own. I have about 50 pairs of jeans and they all have their unique stories.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Jeans are workwear,they are meant to be dirty, scratch that, filthy. Jeans are meant to be filthy. Now whether that filth is mine or someone elses is really of no concern to me. Either they are dirty when I get them, or a few days/weeks later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads