1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Working List of Mid and High Range Tie Makers/Labels

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Altea ties are very good for the money, I think.

2. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Agreed on Altea - they're not the best ties ever but they're readily and cheaply available, which has to count for something, right?

Also, I'd actually submit that the recent Zegna mainline ties should be moved to the top tier - the "selvedge-tip-label" versions. The older ones, definitely lower tier. It's just like how older Brionis often are less impressive than newer Brionis - only the newer Zegnas are worlds above the older Zegnas.

Finally, this was commented on earlier, but I'd mention it again: there's a LOT of variation in your "top tier" as it stands. To shoot fish in a barrel, compare Kiton/Attolini/Marinella/Tom Ford/Charvet with RT BOC or RLBL or Ben Silver. [​IMG]

Oh, and an interesting note: the Church's ties appear to be made by the same factory Zegna uses, or at least share care tags, construction details and sewing styles. Or at least that's been the case for the ones I've compared.

3. Diversification

Diversification Well-Known Member

I realize this thread hasn't been touched in a while, but I just wanted to thank those who contributed to it. Familiarizing myself with the different brands isn't an easy task: having a list of highly regarded names makes things a bit easier for me.

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd nominate gshen's Vanda ties to be on par with or exceeding anything I own, and I own several within the 'High End' category.

5. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I think we need to add "Anthime Mouley". French-based company that makes hand-made ties for :

Lanvin, since 1960
    Cerruti, since 1988
    Nina Ricci, from 2000 to 2008
    Atelier F&B, since 2002
    Dormeuil, since 2004
    Yves St Laurent, since 2009

(Above info from their website).