• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
A damn shame. I guess I'll go for Katahdin's. Would it be possible to give them more of a black cherry/burgundy color with various leather treatments, or would that look with the brownish undertones?

That's something I couldn't tell you about. I use boot oil and Snoseal to treat my boots and all it does is darken the color. There are a few people on this board that are very good at color changes and maybe they can help you with that.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also wrote them & suggested they were screwing it up, from my point of view, with their decision to keep the Heritage line in only that boutique. Not sure what Crane's has done to piss off Wolverine, but it seems to me that Crane's behavior has been reasonable enough, good for the promotion of the line, and duh of course that's the kind of store through which Wolverine should want to sell their boots. I also bought the Katahdin boot after planning to buy the 1000 mile boot. I couldn't see paying double for the 1000 mile boot, given what I need from this boot buy, and the Katahdin is also made in the USA. I have not ruled out buying a pair of Heritage boots down the road, but the decision to cock-block Crane's sure did dampen my enthusiasm for the roll-out. The Katahdin boot is oiled leather. Not sure how you can change the color on it. Maybe you could get shoe polish into it. I bought the Obenauf's LP from Cabela's for them. They darken up but not too much; see the pics of this boot & this treatment somewhere in the archive. The leather still feels tacky and a little greasy the next day. They are not close to a dress boot.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
That's something I couldn't tell you about. I use boot oil and Snoseal to treat my boots and all it does is darken the color. There are a few people on this board that are very good at color changes and maybe they can help you with that.

Originally Posted by Dewey
The Katahdin boot is oiled leather. Not sure how you can change the color on it.

I spoke with Ron Rider about changing the color of my Redwing Gentleman Travelers, which have a similar oiled leather finish. He said that there's nothing that can be done.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't usually bother with contact stuff, but this sucks.

What I sent them through the contact page -

Just wanted to write and express my disappointment that the new Heritage line won't be sold at Crane's Country Store or through similar online channels. I've been following the development of the Heritage line through Crane's online postings and was planning to order from them.
I don't know if any boutiques in my area (North Texas) will be carrying the boot, but I don't plan to work to find out - I had an easy supplier and now I don't. So I'll be making my next boot purchase with another manufacturer.

The Katahdin's are quite nice - not really the same kind of boot as the 1000 Mile (all rubber sole, etc.), probably more genuinely durable. I've got a pair but I think I'm going to order another in a wider size.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
The Katahdin's are quite nice - not really the same kind of boot as the 1000 Mile (all rubber sole, etc.), probably more genuinely durable.
I agree with this -- it looks like the Katahdin is not as luxe as the 1000 mile boot, and both, (judging from the pictures of the 1000 mile) are not in the same league as an Alden or C&J boot. If I wanted another dressy or potentially boot, I wouldn't be looking at Wolverine. I was seeing the 1000 mile as an upgrade on the kind of boot I need. It looks like the Scoop store in NYC has a web store under construction. I expect the 1000 mile boots to show up, somewhere, maybe there, for online ordering, though not at any kind of discount (for a while). Just guessing. If anyone knows better, tell us.

Racove

Reaction score
There should be a petition to get this line at Krane's. I'd sign and so would so many others. I know it sounds absurd, but I'd really push ya'll in this direction. Feels important.

I am pissed they aren't at Krane's. Its the perfect outlet for this concept. A historic country store but with an eye to the relevant trends and a penchant for online marketing. Honestly, it's ridiculous. Probably one of the most ideal retailers in the country.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Burton & Montgomery boots are available at NeimanMarcus.com for $235-$250.
NMN0JZV_mt.jpg
NMN0JZU_mt.jpg
NMN0JZT_mt.jpg
NMN0JZS_mt.jpg

The Montgomery's looks good.

CodeRed

Reaction score
^ I like the combat boot on the left. Not made in USA though, for a retro boot isnt the greatest.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I also wrote them & suggested they were screwing it up, from my point of view, with their decision to keep the Heritage line in only that boutique. Not sure what Crane's has done to piss off Wolverine, but it seems to me that Crane's behavior has been reasonable enough, good for the promotion of the line, and duh of course that's the kind of store through which Wolverine should want to sell their boots.

I also bought the Katahdin boot after planning to buy the 1000 mile boot. I couldn't see paying double for the 1000 mile boot, given what I need from this boot buy, and the Katahdin is also made in the USA. I have not ruled out buying a pair of Heritage boots down the road, but the decision to cock-block Crane's sure did dampen my enthusiasm for the roll-out.

The Katahdin boot is oiled leather. Not sure how you can change the color on it. Maybe you could get shoe polish into it. I bought the Obenauf's LP from Cabela's for them. They darken up but not too much; see the pics of this boot & this treatment somewhere in the archive. The leather still feels tacky and a little greasy the next day. They are not close to a dress boot.

Yeah big turn off /w that thing /w Crane. Plus I read some reviews that the boot was not that great. Think I will go /w my second chance, RW GT

dkatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcrane
Our main deal with Wolverine was pricing. They didn't like the $299.99 price point on the boot. Didn't like that we were pre-selling the boot, and it was over the internet. Oh well.

David

You know? At least there's some viability in that reasoning. I am by no means defending their decision to pull the rug out from under a retailer which would clearly be a good fit (pun intended) for the line, but I can understand the desire to maintain a certain tightness on the context in which they will be resold. Given that this is intended to be a "lifestyle"/"heritage"/"limited" line, Wolverine is going to want to make sure that an air of exclusivity is maintained... and I can understand that presale and pricing under MSRP, as well as perhaps internet sales in general, would be undesirable to maintaining that ambiance.

Having said that, it still seems silly that they wouldn't resolve the issue by saying "Look, Crane, you can sell the boots, but you have to price them at $320 and can only sell in-store (and maybe take phone orders, since I understand Scoop is doing that too)" rather than just up and rescinding Crane's order.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkatz
You know? At least there's some viability in that reasoning. I am by no means defending their decision to pull the rug out from under a retailer which would clearly be a good fit (pun intended) for the line, but I can understand the desire to maintain a certain tightness on the context in which they will be resold. Given that this is intended to be a "lifestyle"/"heritage"/"limited" line, Wolverine is going to want to make sure that an air of exclusivity is maintained... and I can understand that presale and pricing under MSRP, as well as perhaps internet sales in general, would be undesirable to maintaining that ambiance.

Having said that, it still seems silly that they wouldn't resolve the issue by saying "Look, Crane, you can sell the boots, but you have to price them at $320 and can only sell in-store (and maybe take phone orders, since I understand Scoop is doing that too)" rather than just up and rescinding Crane's order.

+1

martjc786

Reaction score
Hello Martin, Thank you for your email and your interest in the 1000 Mile Collection. Leffot in NYC (www.leffot.com) will have the 1000 Boot in black in August. They are taking advanced orders on their website and can ship you the boots. Again, thank you for your interest and please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Marshall i guess they dont mind internet pre-orders anymore. i received the email 7/28. scoop sells the boot for $350, i think. im not sure about leffot.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkatz
Given that this is intended to be a "lifestyle"/"heritage"/"limited" line, Wolverine is going to want to make sure that an air of exclusivity is maintained...

What a crock of sh*t. That 'air of exclusivity' is nothing more than that. Air.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads