• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

mookiej

Reaction score
i had received a similar message from papashoe, but i just got a cancellation email from them. i hope you guys manage to get your boots.

Originally Posted by themaskedcorndog
Can we expect these to be in production for awhile? I want some Darbys and/or Ascots like the bigtime but don't have the money at the moment.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crimpologist
Are you talking about papashoe that doesn't ship to Canada? I just placed an order at papashoe.com not using their Google checkout option, which is for US customers only. I think if you register and use their channeladvisor method, they will ship to Canada. I hope that is how it's done, hoping they won't email me telling me my order has been canceled. Anyone else have experience with papashoe.com?

I hope u don't get slammed by brokerage

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
When i ordered mine they said they were shipping no later than the 10th... i havent received any other notifications saying they were going to be delayed let me check my online account.

Nope, they shipped out the 10th and ETA per Fedex is the 16th.

I got both brown and black so it can't be color holding yours up.. i dunno?

I just ordered brown, the order date was 9/2. On 9/8 I received an e-mail stating shipment was pulled back to 9/22. Then on 9/9 I received another update advising the new shipping date is 9/25. Did you order yours before or after me? If you ordered after, I'm gonna have to call NM and ask them why I'm getting treated like a K-Mart shopper. Perhaps it has to do with sizing? I ordered a 10 and 10.5 (will return whichever one doesn't work out.)

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
I just ordered brown, the order date was 9/2. On 9/8 I received an e-mail stating shipment was pulled back to 9/22. Then on 9/9 I received another update advising the new shipping date is 9/25. Did you order yours before or after me? If you ordered after, I'm gonna have to call NM and ask them why I'm getting treated like a K-Mart shopper. Perhaps it has to do with sizing? I ordered a 10 and 10.5 (will return whichever one doesn't work out.)

Ordered mine 9/5, got both black and brown in 8.5.

Sizing most likely does have to do with it...

Man i hope an 8.5 works

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Ordered mine 9/5, got both black and brown in 8.5.

Sizing most likely does have to do with it...

Man i hope an 8.5 works

I tried on the Wolverine work boots at Sears and just couldn't tell which would fit me better so I had to order both sizes. I look forward to hearing how your's turn out.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if 10.5 doesn't work out, i might be interested in it. I think i'd be an 11, but maybe a 10.5 will work for that price

splattered

Reaction score
I tried on the Wolverine work boots at Sears and just couldn't tell which would fit me better so I had to order both sizes. I look forward to hearing how your's turn out.

Which size do you normally wear?

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Fedex says out for delivery... wheeee excited

Sweet! I'm counting on you for an initial impression report followed by quality & sizing assessment, standalone pics, fit pics with jeans and finally a full review.

C'mon you can do it my man, take one for the SF team.
smile.gif

splattered

Reaction score
Sweet! I'm counting on you for an initial impression report followed by quality & sizing assessment, standalone pics, fit pics with jeans and finally a full review.

C'mon you can do it my man, take one for the SF team.
smile.gif

Uhmm i'm a total boot/fashion n00b hahaha

I have no objections to posting lots of pics and maybe some fit pics though?
smile.gif

I'll see what i can do.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have to maaaan, a lot of indivdual's f/w shoe buying decisions are resting in your hands now.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered rust and brown sept 1st -_- status says shipped, but it's been 16 days.

splattered

Reaction score
Just got home...

I think the box they come in is nicer than the boots themselves haha

I've purchased FRYE boots before and they fit TTS, so i got TTS in these and i'd say theymaybe a full size large.

They don't seem as combat boot-ish as i thought they would, they seem closer to a work boot... i only opened the black so far.

I CAN say that they are insanely comfortable just from standing in them for a couple minutes...

Frustrated that i'm probably going to have to send them back for a smaller size... will spend more time with them after i give my kiddo a bath to make sure i even want to keep them, or at least in both colors.

Wondering if the burton would have been a better choice.

***Just measured them, an 8.5 measures a full 12" across the bottom. Docs i have in size 8 measure 11.5, so... i'm obviously a boot n00b and wish i made the time to try some wolverines on beforehand. blargh.

***Just opened the brown, they are an extremely dark and totally solid brown, nothing at all like the almost maple-ish coloring on their site... like on the wolvering1000 site i see lighter areas of brown all over the boot but the ones i got are just solid dark brown. Meh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads