• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Chip Bellwood

Reaction score
I measure 11.5d on the brannock. I found a pair of 1000 mile McCleans in CXL the other day at my local Nordstroms rack that were 11.5d. They fit perfectly. I usually size down when buying boots like red wings or Alden's sometimes a full size down depending on th last. TTS was the way to go for me but it really depends on the shape of your feet, how you like your boots to fit and what kind of socks you wear. I thinks that's why no one agrees on sizing. Best bet is to find a place to try them on or buy online with someone who has a good return policy. Some people need to realize that some shoes just wont work with their feet, regardless of size.

Last edited:

carlos20co

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of wolverine Addison boots off Amazon, I think the look is great, I just hope they fit me properly, I ordered half a size down.

nevereast

Reaction score

The McClean boots they are selling now for the sale are not CXL. I just picked up a pair of the old McCleans from Nordstrom's rack and they are CXL. 

Haven't seen the new mcleans, but the old ones are definitely cxl and the leather looks different on the new ones in the pictures I've seen - more like horween Dublin.
Confirmed from wolverines Instagram that these are NOT horween leather at all.

7strung

Reaction score
Yes, the new mccleans thru nordstroms.

So whats with the Horween card inside the box? Is it a mistake/false advertising? Also came with the same little leather tag on the laces as Original 1000 Miles. How'd you confirm that they aren't Horween?

nevereast

Reaction score

So whats with the Horween card inside the box?  Is it a mistake/false advertising?  Also came with the same little leather tag on the laces as Original 1000 Miles.  How'd you confirm that they aren't Horween?

Not sure. I wouldn't say it's false advertising, one of my pairs came with one of those horween things and i knew it was incorrect. Probably just people throwing **** into boxes because most of their boots are horween leather.

Here is the post and comments from wolverine
https://instagram.com/p/5vbbMEFrc0/

I'm sure they want the leather thing on the laces regardless of who makes the leather.

7strung

Reaction score
Maybe they won't turn into veiny bull penis leather like the horween ones do looool

I will be jelly

Thanks a lot for the info, thats what I was looking for. If you look at the photos I posted of them you will see that the right boot has a very mild bull peen going on where the boot breaks over the ball of foot, definitely not as bad as regular 1000 mile boots I've had. The leather actually seems very high quality, I am surprised that it's not Horween. The only tell tale sign is that it is a bit stiffer than CXL. Wow.

I think the McClean is one of the better looking 1000 Mile boots, they should offer it year round.

milw50717

Reaction score
They are not a safety boot and it would be dangerous to use them as such. There are far better choices of footwear when heavy and sharp objects are being swung around.

aaronj15

Reaction score
anybody dress the 1000 miles up in a "business/casual" work environment? thinking of getting a pair but also can't decide on what color would be the most versatile

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads