• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

nevereast

Reaction score

Hello, Just got these from Sierra Trading Post-factory seconds of course. Just wondering how you guys would fix this (or if you would even attempt to). It is a superficial slice that doesn't go through the upper. I tried Barge cement; just putting into slice with toothpick but I'm not too impressed. Any thoughts would be very welcomed. I only paid $130 so I think they're worth the hassle. I'm thinking the best way is to buy some sort of patch and then barge it.Thanks.
I wouldn't touch it. Every major gouge or nick I have put in the chromexcel leather has filled itself in. And yes, they have been as bad as yours

Alex Abraham

Reaction score
How do you get in touch with Crane's? I wear a size 7 in most shoes so thinking I will need a size 6 1/2 or 6 in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. Hard to find. What about a woman's boot? Are they the same as the men's? What size woman's would I get?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you use the cloth that comes with the boot to wipe them or is it just a cover?

Very happy with my Addisons thus far, the LP holds up well vs. rain and slush. The boots are comfortable except for one of the heels being a little rough on my foot. Very pleased with the look.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you get in touch with Crane's? I wear a size 7 in most shoes so thinking I will need a size 6 1/2 or 6 in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. Hard to find. What about a woman's boot? Are they the same as the men's? What size woman's would I get?

Call up the number at http://www.cranes-country-store.com/store/home.php and just mention the Style Forum discount. You won't speak to the same guy who handles their SF stuff, but they're definitely knowledgable about their boots.

nevereast

Reaction score

Can you use the cloth that comes with the boot to wipe them or is it just a cover?

Very happy with my Addisons thus far, the LP holds up well vs. rain and slush. The boots are comfortable except for one of the heels being a little rough on my foot. Very pleased with the look.
Pics!

Psalmanazar

Reaction score
What are signs of oversaturated leather? I liberally oiled my new Alden 401s today as they felt a bit dry with Obenauf's Leather Oil outside and inside and parts of the leather lined insole where it dripped down have severe dark spots. How often should I oil them if I wear them heavily? Once very couple of months?

Also, How long should I wait for them to dry before wearing them and how long until I put on the Obenauf's LP? Just overnight before wearing and then put the LP on them in a few days?

Last edited:

Jdub6

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I'll probably leave it as is. I'm curious though, how did the leather actually fill itself in?

nevereast

Reaction score

Thanks. Yeah, I'll probably leave it as is. I'm curious though, how did the leather actually fill itself in?
Fill is maybe not the right word. The color fills in the area and the leather kind of swells up around it with wear.

Pecan89

Reaction score

What are signs of oversaturated leather?

Do you leave a smear when u put your feet on your desk? Do you leave footprints everywhere you go like you just got out of a pool/ shower?

How weird do your socks get with oily boot insides?

themonster

Reaction score
Personally, I don't see a point weatherproofing shoes that don't have a commando or dainite sole.

The other shoes that i weatherproofed significantly compromise breathability to the point that it becomes soggy during warmer weather.

Psalmanazar

Reaction score
Maybe I will hold off on the LP then. Anyways they dried overnight and feel fine but a thread on the upper came loose. God damn it Alden. Alden DC said they would be fixing it for free but I guess I'll be checking out the Wolverine 1000 miles for another pair.

How do they fit wide, flat pronating feet?

Last edited:

loug

Reaction score
I still don't understand why you guys are doing all this stuff to your boots.

Agree, these are for the most part work boots and imho shouldn't look all polished up and lubed. Going on a year for my 1k boots and they haven't been touched with any polish or lube. Same with the RW's and Chippewa boots. Dress shoes are polished but not the boots.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree, these are for the most part work boots and imho shouldn't look all polished up and lubed.  Going on a year for my 1k boots and they haven't been touched with any polish or lube.  Same with the RW's and Chippewa boots.  Dress shoes are polished but not the boots.

Define your year. How many days in the last year and in what conditions?

loug

Reaction score
Define your year. How many days in the last year and in what conditions?

Haven't polish or added any oil/treatment to any of these boots since they arrived. Really don't see a need to treat them or polish them. The Chippewas came insulated and waterproof, used for days like we're having. Wearing the RW round toe now, they came oiled and won't be getting another treatment. I've found the more a boot is treated the less it breaths.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads