1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Well, good to hear that they sorted it out. Hopefully, the new pair will be all present and correct.

2. Notgonnatell

Notgonnatell New Member

Does anyone have both the Women's 1K and the Evelyn 1K? how do they compare?

I presume the sizing is the same? Looks like the Evelyn might be a bit taller? How does the leather compare?

3. ginofelino

ginofelino New Member

Got my pair of 1000 Mile Cordovans from Nordstrom (price matched from FS Fashion). Going to return them. They don't carry them in store by me so I'm probably just going to look for another boot instead of hoping to get a pair with no issues.

[​IMG]

4. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

Your money, your choice.

Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....

Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?

3 people like this.
  5. ginofelino

ginofelino New Member

Just tried rubbing it. Seemed like the oil from my finger helped a bit, but then I buffed it with a towel and it made it worse than it originally was. Towel ended up with a bunch of stain marks.

6. ginofelino

ginofelino New Member

Just don't feel like spending $230 on pre scuffed boots. I think an 11 would be a better fit anyway so I'm going to try one exchange and I'll see what I end up with.

7. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

Quote: Yea, you should avoid anything chromexcel then. It will scuff that bad almost every time you wear them. It is terrible, IMO.

8. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

Just wear it. If needed add a little bit of Kiwi Cordovan polish on that area and brush. The towel can sometimes exacerbate the damage further. This is a pull up leather and usually rubbing by oily hand helps to remove those marks.

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. BCer

BCer Senior member

Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Hadaway ...

Even the white stitching is largely still white.

11. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

Thank you sir. It is very relaxing doing this.

12. ginofelino

ginofelino New Member

Thanks for the tips. I need to get some of those products on hand since this is my first pair.

I'm a 12 in almost all sneakers. Ordered an 11.5 but there's definitely some room to go down so I'm pretty sure an 11 will be the correct fit. Nordstrom already processed the exchange so now I hope I just don't end up with something much worse.

13. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

I'm a 9D on normal shoes (Wolverine brand). Size 8.5 Wolverine 1k boots feel snug after a long day walk.

14. Justinkelly

Justinkelly Member

Got my replacement pair from Nordstrom, was like night and day. Comparing the two, there are no blemishes or creases on the new pair like there were when the old were open, got the cloth, tag, and leather tag, they smell better, and they have the waxed laces. Also a big lack of cut up box and RTS stickers on said box makes me think that not only were the previous pair a return that should have been taken out of rotation, but whoever had them got them to keep the accessories.

15. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Having a pair of Whites Smoke Jumpers for work compared to my 1000 Mile boots is not even a close comparison. The Wolverines felt broken in from day one, are pliable and soft, and I feel every pebble I walk on. I still love them. The Whites have taken almost a year and a half of hard work and hiking to break in, are very heavy, I can stomp on anything without worry to soles or leather. A true work boot. No offense just my 2 cents.

3 people like this.
  16. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Umm, they are likely comparing to something like the White's semi-dress . I don't think that anyone would say that the 1K boot is 'aesthetically extremely similar' to the smoke jumper.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  17. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

18. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

Quote:
    They don't even come CLOSE to the solid build of a red wing beckman or iron ranger. Nor a semi-dress.

However, I hate my 1Kmiles. The right boot is fast becoming a shapeless mushy blob full of wrinkles and flacidity.

My red wings are bullet proof compared to my wolverines. There is just no real comparison.

19. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

I really do not have a dog in this fight, but please everyone look up the definition of the word aesthetically .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  20. Mr M

Mr M Senior member

Thank you sir. I'm going to get the Watson next month for the summer wear.